- Bike Tour from La Jolla to Mission Beach
- Stunning 360° views from Mount Soledad
- 3.5 mile descent to the ocean
- Ride through the beach communities of La Jolla, Pacific Beach, and Mission Beach
After you soak in the sights, you'll hop on your custom fitted Bianchi hybrid bike with your friendly guide. You'll then cruise down the mountain to the spectacular San Diego coastline where we will check out San Diego's premier landmarks.
- Admission into the La Jolla Sea Caves and Cave Store
- Children's Pool and La Jolla Seal Beach to see the harbor seals
- San Diego's famous surfing breaks
- The La Jolla Sea Lion Rookery with up-close looks at these amazing animals
- Views from 100-foot bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve
- The quaint and historic La Jolla Village neighborhood
- The diverse La Jolla Tide Pools highlighting our marine biological diversity
What to Expect: The pace is not strenuous, but expect to do some pedaling! The bike riding on this tour is all on bike lanes on roads. This is not a mountain bike tour, the first 3.5-miles of your tour is downhill. The rest of the tour (approx. 10-miles) is done on the back streets of La Jolla, Pacific Beach and Mission Beach. The tour is mostly flat, with a few hills (that can be walked up).This tour is recommended for ages 14 and up.
Reviewed by Anonymous, July 2010
Reviewed by kenneth w, July 2012
I enjoyed my La Jolla Plunge bike tour. My tour guide was great and informative about the San Diego area. The views from Mt. Soledad were great. The surrounding neigborhood of La Jolla, Mission Beach, and the plunge was exilerating. I highly recommend this tour for every bicycle fan visiting San Diego.
Thanks-- Kenny from Baltimore