- Bike Tour from La Jolla to Mission Beach
- Stunning 360° views from Mount Soledad
- 3.5 mile descent to the ocean
- Ride through the beach communities of La Jolla, Pacific Beach, and Mission Beach
What You Can Expect
After you soak in the sights, you'll hop on your custom fitted Bianchi hybrid bike with your friendly guide. You'll then cruise down the mountain to the spectacular San Diego coastline where we will check out San Diego's premier landmarks.
- Admission into the La Jolla Sea Caves and Cave Store
- Children's Pool and La Jolla Seal Beach to see the harbor seals
- San Diego's famous surfing breaks
- The La Jolla Sea Lion Rookery with up-close looks at these amazing animals
- Views from 100-foot bluffs overlooking La Jolla Cove and Ecological Reserve
- The quaint and historic La Jolla Village neighborhood
- The diverse La Jolla Tide Pools highlighting our marine biological diversity
What to Expect: The pace is not strenuous, but expect to do some pedaling! The bike riding on this tour is all on bike lanes on roads. This is not a mountain bike tour, the first 3.5-miles of your tour is downhill. The rest of the tour (approx. 10-miles) is done on the back streets of La Jolla, Pacific Beach and Mission Beach. The tour is mostly flat, with a few hills (that can be walked up).This tour is recommended for ages 14 and up.
Tour was great! The view is amazing and we came back to Mt. Soledad in the evening to watch the sunset. If you are thinking about a bike tour, this is the one to take! For most of the way, you just have to work the brakes. There were a few small inclines. The tour guide told us to downshift for those, but I was doing much better just staying in gear and applying a little muscle.
Bike helmets were provided but no guidance on how to properly fit one so it would actually protect you if needed. The tour description mentions "custom fitted Bianchi hybrid bike". The "custom fit" consisted of us being handed a bike and then were were told to drive it down the street to see if it fit. Hmmm!