- 3.5-hour whale-watching cruise, from San Diego
- Look for gray whales in the wild as they migrate along the coast of California
- Learn about the migration from the Arctic to the breeding grounds of Baja California
- Travel with an experienced crew who shares fascinating facts about the Pacific Ocean's marine life
- Spot other marine animals including sea lions, seals, seabirds and dolphins
- Choose from a morning or afternoon departure
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Blue whale (tail 4)Photo by: Greg H
- Blue whale (tail 3)Photo by: Greg H
- Blue whale (tail 2)Photo by: Greg H
- Blue whale (tail 1)Photo by: Greg H
- Blue whale (back)Photo by: Greg H
- Blue whale spoutPhoto by: Greg H
- Dolphin escortPhoto by: Greg H
- Dolphin escortPhoto by: Greg H
- Tale of a Grey WhalePhoto by: Ron
Netherlands, 03 2013
- Grey whalePhoto by: Anonymous
- Whale watching, San DiegoPhoto by: Gabriele E
France, 02 2008
What You Can Expect
See these majestic marine mammals on a morning or afternoon whale-watching tour from San Diego. Make your own way to Navy Pier to board your boat, a sturdy and well-equipped vessel with both indoor and outdoor seating areas. Head out on the waters of the Pacific Ocean with your expert crew who provides informative commentary about the marine life that you may encounter, including different species of dolphins, seabirds, sea lions, seals and — if all goes according to plan — gray whales.
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour that works with your schedule. At the end of your 3.5-hour tour, your captain returns you to Navy Pier.
Guarantee: Viewing whales in the wild is a breathtaking experience, however mother nature can be unpredictable. If whales are not sighted during your tour, you'll receive a 'whale check' for another complimentary whale-watching or harbor tour.
Spectacular sights of whales on their way to the warm waters of Mexico for breeding. Never expected to see so many!! Great excursion! !
Every thing was expectacular, the tour started on time, they were so kind and the capitan made all what was under his hands so we can saw lot of whales and also dolphines. Also the explanetion was great.
We were at the end of the season, and didn't see any whales, so we were given a "Whalecheck" (good for another cruise). We went again the next day and we were privledged to see a Blue Whale. Great staff. Great boat. Great tour. Had a blast (both days). Looking forward to our next whale adventure.
Fantastic! We were lucky and picked the perfect day for weather and whale watching. We saw hundreds of dolphins swimming along the boat and then 2 humpback whales - the boat was extremely silent. It was an experience we will never forget!
Well organized. We saw 6 Grey Whales, and more then a 100 dolphins.
We had an amazing time and will highly recommend to others.
Excellent tour. We were fortunate and we saw five or six sightings.
Amanda G USA
Great trip! Well organized, getting to and onto the boat was very easy. Parking is a little tight near the dock but we parked at the USS Midway (paid for 4 hrs) and made it back just in time. We were lucky and saw several whales on our trip, but even if that hadn't happened, we still would have enjoyed it. The captain was entertaining and informative, the ship was comfortable, and the views were outstanding. I highly recommend this trip - even if the whales don't cooperate, it's a great time.
Our Captain was excellent! What a wonderful morning to watch any number of whales, and a dolphin pod numbering in the hundreds. We were most fortunate. Thank you!
Fantastic every things