- Transportation to the San Diego Zoo, with optional admission ticket upgrade
- Enjoy a hassle-free ride round-trip to the zoo from select San Diego hotels
- See thousands of wild animals including many on the endangered species list
- Perfect for every member of the family
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
When you arrive, pick up a map at the San Diego Zoo visitor center. Highlights of the zoo include the Gorilla Tropics, which recreates an African rainforest, and the Tiger River bioclimatic exhibit, which takes you into a realistic version of an Asian rainforest environment. This renowned zoo features animals that live in beautifully designed spacious enclosures that typically replicate their natural habitat.
The rare giant pandas and koalas are perennial favorites, as are the ape exhibits, where orangutans and siamangs climb around in lush forest settings. Keeper talks offered throughout the day introduce you to animals such as elephants, giraffes, lion or jaguars, wolves and more. Some of the plants that grow in the zoo's spectacular gardens are also used to fulfill the specialized dietary requirements of particular animals. You might meet some of the zoo’s newest arrivals in the animal nursery.
Especially for kids, the Petting Paddock allows young ones to pet small tame critters. Four different play areas offer a fun-filled safe place to climb and explore.
Some of the activities available at San Diego Zoo include:
- Guided Bus Tour: Hop aboard the double-decker bus for a 35-minute tour that covers a large percentage of the sprawling zoo. It's a great way to get an overview of all that you can do, then you decide where to go from there. (included)
- Kangaroo Bus: Hop on and off at four stops throughout the Zoo, the perfect way to cover longer distances within the zoo. Buses come around approximately every 15 minutes. (included)
- Skyfari Aerial Tram: Ride in an enclosed tram that takes you over the trees to the other end of the zoo. Enjoy spectacular views of the animals and gardens, and surrounding Balboa Park. (own expense)
- Balboa Park Miniature Railroad: Kids can take a three-minute ride around a portion of Balboa Park. (own expense)
- 4-D Theater: Popular kids movies are screened in 4-D, a great way to take a break at the zoo. (own expense)
Only need transportation? Transportation without admission is also available.
Please note: This is a transportation and admission package. You will not be able to redeem your voucher at the San Diego Zoo.
I think this is the 1st thing to do in San Diego
We had a great time at the San Diego Zoo. The buses arrived at the exact scheduled time, picking us up from, and dropping us off, at our hotel. The driver was polite and knowledgeable about the area, regarding questions specific to San Diego.
Ann H Australia
A must when in San Diego. Zoo is excellent.Pick up and drop off ... no problems.
Maryam A USA
Samuel D USA
I had a blast at the zoo!Many animals that Ive never seen or heard of before.Pick up was good again.Everyone should go to the SD zoo for an education on our wild life.
This is a must visit. Learned alot.