- Sonoma and Napa 2-day wine country getaway from San Francisco
- Witness the towering redwoods of Muir Woods National Monument (own expense)
- Indulge in up to 10 wine tastings at top-quality California wineries (some tasting fees may apply)
- Tour Benziger Family Winery in Napa
- Overnight accommodations in quaint downtown Sonoma
- Enjoy a gourmet box lunch on day 2
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your 2-day wine-tasting adventure begins with morning pickup from your San Francisco hotel in an eco-friendly, biodiesel mini-coach. Weather permitting, make a quick stop near San Francisco’s Presidio for a photo op of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
Cross over the beloved bridge and travel through the Marin Headlands to Muir Woods National Monument (entrance fee not included). Spend 1.5 hours admiring the awe-inspiring redwoods and staggering array of plant and animal life in this dreamlike place, one of the last old-growth coastal redwood forests in the San Francisco area.
Next, head to Sonoma Valley, a tremendously rich wine-growing region with more than 30 types of grapes and 300 wineries and tasting rooms. Sample a variety of wines (some tasting fees may apply) before checking into your downtown hotel in late afternoon. Use your knowledgeable guide’s recommendations for restaurants, tasting rooms and boutiques to help plan the rest of your day.
Overnight: Hotel in downtown Sonoma
Get an early start or sleep in this morning – the choice is yours! Continue to explore Sonoma on your own, nibbling samples at the Sonoma Cheese Factory, visiting the historic Mission San Francisco Solano, or window shopping in Sonoma Square.
Meet up with your guide in the afternoon and head to tiny Glen Ellen to continue wine-tasting. Stop at Benziger Family Winery, touring the vineyards, fermentation facility and crush pad by tram. Walk through the barrel caves, and sip the winery’s biodynamic and other award-winning wines.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on a shaded patio before heading to Imagery Estate Winery to taste more wine and view an impressive collection of contemporary art.
Your tour culminates in famous Napa Valley. Spend the afternoon tasting wines in Oakville, Yountville or the town of Napa and taking pictures of seemingly endless rows of immaculately kept vines. If time permits, stop for a glass of sparkling wine (own expense) before heading back to San Francisco. On the way back, you'll stop for an evening view of the Golden Gate Bridge, with the city illuminated in the background. Your 2-day wine country experience concludes with drop-off at your hotel at around 6pm.
Please make note of which lunch you would prefer in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking
- Turkey sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by pasta salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Roastbeef sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Ham sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Vegetarian sandwich served on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion, olives, sprouts, peperoncini, cucumber accompanied by coleslaw, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
A great trip! Muir Woods is beautiful and Sonoma and Napa chock full of great wineries. The two days enabled free time in the evening to revisit Sonoma Square, enjoy a leisurely meal and soak up a bit more of this gorgeous town I also loved Sisters, the fashion consignment store. Over the two days I visited 8 or 9 tasting venues, did a wine education tour and sampled around 50 wines and some chocolate, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cheese. Tomy day 1 and Chris day 2 were both super friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating guides. The bus was clean, cool and comfortable and the driving safe and smooth. The only improvement tip I would give is to provide an esky to keep all the produce fresh.
Thanks Tomy and Chris, I had a really great time!
Tour was very good. Driver was nice and knowledgeable. Just enough travel vs tour time. Like it a lot.
I was traveling solo, and this was my first trip to the area. Getting fun facts and local trivia from our tourguides while we just saoked in the view was perfect! I thought it was a good value for the $$, met some new friends and tasted great wine!