- Sonoma and Napa 2-day wine country getaway from San Francisco
- Witness the towering redwoods of Muir Woods National Monument (own expense)
- Indulge in up to 10 wine tastings at top-quality California wineries (some tasting fees may apply)
- Tour Benziger Family Winery in Napa
- Overnight accommodations in quaint downtown Sonoma
- Enjoy a gourmet box lunch on day 2
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Lunch on Day 2 is included, but the rest of your meals are at your own expense, giving you the flexibility to eat what you wish—wine country is known for its culinary hotspots almost as much as its wine, so you won’t be lacking in restaurant options.
Your 2-day wine-tasting adventure begins with morning pickup from your San Francisco hotel in an eco-friendly, biodiesel minicoach. Weather permitting, make a quick stop near the Presidio, a national park site, for a photo op of the iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
Cross over the beloved bridge and travel through the Marin Headlands to Muir Woods National Monument (entrance fee not included). Spend 1.5 hours admiring the awe-inspiring redwoods and staggering array of plant and animal life in this dreamlike place, one of the last old-growth coastal redwood forests in the San Francisco area.
Next, head to Sonoma Valley, a tremendously rich wine-growing region with more than 30 types of grapes and 300 wineries and tasting rooms. Sample a variety of wines (some tasting fees may apply) before checking into your downtown hotel in late afternoon. Use your knowledgeable guide’s recommendations for restaurants, tasting rooms and boutiques to help plan the rest of your day.
Overnight: Hotel in downtown Sonoma
Day 2: Sonoma – San Francisco (L)
Get an early start or sleep in this morning—the choice is yours. Continue to explore Sonoma on your own, nibbling samples at the Sonoma Cheese Factory, visiting the historic Mission San Francisco Solano or window shopping on Sonoma Square.
Meet up with your guide in the afternoon, and head to tiny Glen Ellen to continue wine tasting. Stop at Benziger Family Winery, and tour the vineyards, fermentation facility and crush pad by tram. Walk through the barrel caves, and sip the winery’s biodynamic and other award-winning wines.
Enjoy a picnic lunch on a shaded patio before heading to Imagery Estate Winery to taste more wine and view an impressive collection of contemporary art. Your tour then culminates in famous Napa Valley, where you'll spend the afternoon tasting wines in Oakville, Yountville or the town of Napa. Take pictures of seemingly endless rows of immaculately kept vines, and if time permits, stop for a glass of sparkling wine (own expense) before heading back to San Francisco. On the way, stop for an evening view of the Golden Gate Bridge, with the city illuminated in the background. Your 2-day wine country experience concludes with drop-off at your hotel in the evening.
Boxed lunch options for Day 2:
Please make note of which lunch option you would prefer in the 'Special Requirements' field at time of booking
- Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by pasta salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Roast beef sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Ham sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion accompanied by potato salad, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
- Vegetarian sandwich on whole wheat bread, mayo, mustard, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion, olives, sprouts, pepperoncini, cucumber accompanied by coleslaw, piece of fruit, and cookie or brownie
A great trip! Muir Woods is beautiful and Sonoma and Napa chock full of great wineries. The two days enabled free time in the evening to revisit Sonoma Square, enjoy a leisurely meal and soak up a bit more of this gorgeous town I also loved Sisters, the fashion consignment store. Over the two days I visited 8 or 9 tasting venues, did a wine education tour and sampled around 50 wines and some chocolate, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and cheese. Tomy day 1 and Chris day 2 were both super friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating guides. The bus was clean, cool and comfortable and the driving safe and smooth. The only improvement tip I would give is to provide an esky to keep all the produce fresh.
Thanks Tomy and Chris, I had a really great time!
Tour was very good. Driver was nice and knowledgeable. Just enough travel vs tour time. Like it a lot.
I was traveling solo, and this was my first trip to the area. Getting fun facts and local trivia from our tourguides while we just saoked in the view was perfect! I thought it was a good value for the $$, met some new friends and tasted great wine!
Christian S Norway
Both our tour guides Brian and Marie were great and very knowledgeable about the area. The 3 star rating is due to lack of information at time of booking, which indicated that all the wine tastings were included and, in reality, we had to pay for the last two wine tasting at Napa Valley which totaled to 100.00.