- Six-hour tour combining San Francisco city tour and audio-guided visit to Alcatraz or Escape From Rock Cruise
- Opt for the City Tour & Escape From Rock Cruise if Alcatraz tickets are sold out
- All the main attractions, including Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach
- Audio-guided walking tour of the Alcatraz "Cell Block" (if option selected)
- Ferry ride to Alcatraz Island (if option selected)
- Pick-up and drop-off from central San Francisco hotels
- FREE wireless on board tour vehicle
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a super-convenient roundup of San Francisco's top sights, including Alcatraz, the most sought-after attraction in the city. A good choice if you're short on time! If the popular City Tour & Alcatraz Admission option is sold out, opt for the City Tour & Escape From Rock Cruise.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Twin PeaksPhoto by: sarah786_
- Locked Up!Photo by: Bandit
USA, 02 2013
- AlcatrazPhoto by: JULIE B
United Kingdom, 09 2010
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: tksanders4
- BoudinPhoto by: tksanders4
- San FranciscoPhoto by: tksanders4
- San FranciscoPhoto by: Anne O
- view from boat ridePhoto by: Traceytrac
- Boat trip outPhoto by: Traceytrac
- Golden Gate von Landsend aus ...Photo by: Jörg H
- San Franscisco Nov15Photo by: Erika A
- Father Daughter timePhoto by: Andrew Z
- AlcatrazPhoto by: Andrew Z
- Palace of Fine ArtPhoto by: Andrew Z
- Pier 39Photo by: Andrew Z
- Biking the Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Andrew Z
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Andrew Z
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Sally M
- Up for a scavenger hunt?Photo by: Ian A B
Australia, 09 2014
- See Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Ian A B
Australia, 09 2014
What You Can Expect
Likely to Sell-out! Alcatraz regularly sells out weeks in advance. Book ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
The schedule for the day depends on the availability for Alcatraz. You will be advised of the tour schedule either when you call to re-confirm your tour 24 hours prior, or upon arrival for the tour on your selected date of travel.
Alcatraz sold out?
City Tour & Escape from the Rock Cruise
The next best option is the Escape from the Rock Cruise. This 1.5-hour tour sails under the Golden Gate Bridge and then circumnavigates Alcatraz twice.
Hear sound effects and intriguing stories about Capone, Billy Cook the Killer and Clyde Johnson’s Alcatraz escape attempt. Through the tour's engaging narration, go back in time to the days when this maximum-security prison was the most feared institution in the American penal system.
Please note: the City Tour & Escape from the Rock Cruise does NOT include a ticket to Alcatraz.
Alcatraz was interesting and very well done! Lining up beforehand on way there was very well organized. On the return trip, it could've been better.
Joe, our driver from Pier 35 for the City tour was definitely un-smiley and maybe even a tad grumpy when he picked us up....BUT....he proved to be an excellent guide, giving us all sorts of info about the city! We had done the Wine Tour by then and so hearing some facts for the second time about San Fran was just great!!!
The tour went OUT of the city and to parts Land's End and Twin Peaks! we would otherwise never have seen.
Great tour with a great guide!!!!
We had an amazing time on this tour, the trip to Alcatraz was brilliant make sure you take a camera but the coach trip was a total surprise, it took us all over and was so interactive with the driver giving his 36 years of history in neary 4 hours of sightseeing. We highly recommended this package to anyone visiting San Fransisco.
Mike United Kingdom
My only suggestion would be if you could do these tours independently of the other, i.e. on seperate days. That way you would get the most of these very in formative tours.
Great driver - Chabli. Was very knowledgeable of the history of San Francisco. Alcatraz was quite sobering.
It was a great tour as we got to not only take a ferry trip around Alcatraz but also a superb closed bus tour of Golden Gate and a few landmark places in SFO. Thanks Viator
This excursion was very good. The price was right and the tour guide was very good. The tour guide took us to all the landmarks and all the important places to see in San Francisco and to provided us with a lot of information. The tour to Alcatraz was also excellent.
Had a wonderful tour and our driver Aaron was very knowledgeable, friendly and funny. He provided such great information and just wish we had longer to spend in San Francisco. The tour to Alcatraz was also a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend this tour.
Wonderful tour guide--full of great information!! Very thorough tour of the city.
Excellent tour guide, very friendly people on tour, perfect trip
A really good day. Picked up from our hotel, superb Alcatraz tour then a fun tour of San Francisco. A great way to see the city.