- Six-hour tour combining San Francisco city tour and audio-guided visit to Alcatraz or Escape From Rock Cruise
- Opt for the City Tour & Escape From Rock Cruise if Alcatraz tickets are sold out
- All the main attractions, including Golden Gate Bridge, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf and North Beach
- Audio-guided walking tour of the Alcatraz "Cell Block" (if option selected)
- Ferry ride to Alcatraz Island (if option selected)
- Pick-up and drop-off from central San Francisco hotels
- FREE wireless on board tour vehicle
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a super-convenient roundup of San Francisco's top sights, including Alcatraz, the most sought-after attraction in the city. A good choice if you're short on time! If the popular City Tour & Alcatraz Admission option is sold out, opt for the City Tour & Escape From Rock Cruise.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Twin PeaksPhoto by: sarah786_
- Locked Up!Photo by: Bandit
USA, 02 2013
- AlcatrazPhoto by: JULIE B
United Kingdom, 09 2010
- view from boat ridePhoto by: Traceytrac
- Boat trip outPhoto by: Traceytrac
- Golden Gate von Landsend aus ...Photo by: Jörg H
- San Franscisco Nov15Photo by: Erika A
- Father Daughter timePhoto by: Andrew Z
- AlcatrazPhoto by: Andrew Z
- Palace of Fine ArtPhoto by: Andrew Z
- Pier 39Photo by: Andrew Z
- Biking the Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Andrew Z
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Andrew Z
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Sally M
- Up for a scavenger hunt?Photo by: Ian A B
Australia, 09 2014
- See Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Ian A B
Australia, 09 2014
- Humming Bird above San ...Photo by: Ian A B
Australia, 09 2014
- Highest Hill Twin PeaksPhoto by: Maria C
- At the Gold Gate BridgePhoto by: Maria C
- golden gate bridgePhoto by: Liliana D
Mexico, 07 2014
What You Can Expect
The San Francisco City Tour begins with a drive along the famous waterfront for views of San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Photo stops are made at the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park and Twin Peaks (weather permitting).
Some of the attractions you will see on this San Francisco City Tour include:
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Victorian homes
- Palace of Fine Arts
- North Beach
- Presidio National Park
- Awe-inspiring views of Alcatraz and the Pacific Ocean
The schedule for the day depends on the availability for Alcatraz. You will be advised of the tour schedule either when you call to re-confirm your tour 24 hours prior, or upon arrival for the tour on your selected date of travel.
Alcatraz sold out?
City Tour & Escape from the Rock Cruise
When Alcatraz is sold out, book the next best option and upgrade your city tour to include the Escape from the Rock Cruise. This 90-minute bay cruise sails under the Golden Gate Bridge and then circles Alcatraz twice allowing you to get up close and see every angle of this mysterious island.
You’ll hear chilling accounts of harrowing escape attempts by Alcatraz’s notorious criminals as well as their descriptions of the brutality of life on the island. This special San Francisco bay cruise featuring sound effects and intriguing stories about Capone, Billy Cook the Killer, Clyde Johnson’s Alcatraz escape attempt and many more, will take you back to the days when this maximum-security prison was the most feared institution in the American penal system.
Please note: the City Tour & Escape from the Rock Cruise does NOT include a ticket to Alcatraz
Brilliant shouldn't be missed
highly recommend this tour our guide was fantastic very friendly and would not have seen half of the fantastic views or places without him and with the stop off points for photos etc is a bill idea, our trip out to Alcatraz on boat there and back as stunning and our morning there was all we thought it would be and more , thank you for making our day so memorable
exelent tour well worth it
Excellent maybe because we had a good tour guide/driver, pointing out all the sites and places of interest. Once the city tour has finished you return to the tour office and then it's off to Alcatraz. Long queues to get on the ferry, but once there it is off great interest well it was to me. We were lucky as it was Fleet week, and got to see the Blue Angel Navy aircraft display team do their thing across the bay. If you are thinking of doing Alcatraz, don't take the chance BOOK well in advance, either through your tour company or some one like Viator. I'd say 6 weeks plus before to avoid disappointment.
Love the Alcatraz tour
So pleased we took the time to come to San Francisco and absolutely recommend the Alcatraz Tour, very well presented, quite airy, in some places. Great trip out to the island. The day trip around San Francisco, was amazing we would never have seen half the places or found them on our own. Well done, cant wait to go back.
Enjoyed this tour immensely! Well worth the cost. I would highly recommend it!
My trip was very good, we enjoyed Alcatraz , and the half day city tour was excellent , the driver/ tour guide was very good .