- Hop-on hop-off Big Bus sightseeing tour of San Francisco
- Travel around San Francisco on a double-decker bus, hopping on and off at any of its stops with your 24-hour ticket
- See top San Francisco attractions including the Golden Gate Bridge, Union Square, Pier 39 and Lombard Street
- Get to know the city better on three included walking tours of Chinatown, North Beach and the Barbary Coast
- Upgrade to a 48-hour pass including a nighttime bus tour, Sausalito trolley tour and the 7D Experience at Pier 39
- Flexible, fun and family-friendly way to make the most of your time in the city!
- Redeem your voucher at any of the designated Big Bus stops
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
There’s no better way to see world-famous San Francisco landmarks — including a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge — than by an open-top Big Bus!
Recent Photos of This Tour
P1030123Photo by: Jenna M
pont venant dOklandPhoto by: Françoise B
Hotel de villePhoto by: Françoise B
cable carPhoto by: Françoise B
golden gatePhoto by: Françoise B
Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Sandra K
Golden GatePhoto by: James
Tea GardenPhoto by: Daniel R
What You Can Expect
Start at the San Francisco Visitor Center or hop on at any stop along the route to redeem your voucher (see Itinerary for full list of stops). Set out on board your open-top, double-decker bus to soak up panoramic views of San Francisco including Union Square, the Palace of Fine Arts, Pier 39, Lombard Street and the Haight-Ashbury area.
Capture amazing photos as you listen to your engaging guide share fascinating facts and anecdotes about the city. You can remain on board for the approximate 2.5-hour loop, or hop on and off at any of the nearly 20 stops to set out on your own sightseeing adventure.
Just a few blocks from Chinatown, you'll discover San Francisco's 'Little Italy' on the 1-hour North Beach tour. Stroll past landmarks such as Washington Square Park and Saints Peter and Paul Church as you learn the history of the neighborhood.
Lose yourself in the drama of the 1-hour Barbary Coast tour, featuring tales of bandits, vigilantes and writers such as Mark Twain and Jack London who once hung out in this formerly illicit neighborhood.
End your hop-on hop-off bus tour at any stop along the route. The 24-hour pass is valid from the first time you use it. Need more time to explore? Upgrade to a 48-hour pass for more sights and more perks including a nighttime bus tour, Sausalito trolley tour and 7D Experience at Pier 39 (see Itinerary for details).
Opt for a 48-hour hop-on hop-off Big Bus pass, including:
7D Experience at Pier 39
Gain admission to the 7D Experience at Pier 39, a combination movie and laser-shooting game. Watch a variety of scenarios unfold on the big screen involving ghosts, cowboys, zombies and pirates, and compete with fellow participants to eliminate the threats with laser beams at this mind-bending attraction.
- Stop 1: San Francisco Visitor Center (Mason Street at the corner of Jefferson Street)
- Stop 2: Activity Center (Taylor Street at the corner of Beach Street)
- Stop 3: Washington Square (Columbus Street at the corner of Union Street)
- Stop 4: Embarcadero (Clay Street at the corner of Battery Street)
- Stop 5: Union Square South (Geary Street at the corner of Powell Street, opposite Macy's)
- Stop 6: Hilton Hotel (Mason Street at the corner of Ellis Street)
- Stop 7: Civic Center (Larkin Street outside the Asian Art Museum)
- Stop 8: Fulton Street (Fell Street at the corner of Franklin Street)
- Stop 9: Alamo Square (Fell Street at the corner of Pierce Street)
- Stop 10: Haight-Ashbury (Haight Street at the corner of Shrader Street opposite Cha Cha Cha)
- Stop 11: Golden Gate Park (outside the California Academy of Sciences)
- Stop 12: Golden Gate Bridge North (Vista Point North, main parking lot)
- Stop 13: Palace of Fine Arts (Richardson Avenue at the corner of Francisco Street)
- Stop 14: Lombard Street 1 (Lombard Street at the corner of Fillmore Street)
- Stop 15: Lombard Street 2 (Lombard Street at the corner of Gough Street, Buena Vista Hotel)
- Stop 16: Union Square North (Post Street at the corner of Powell Street, outside the Westin St Francis Hotel)
- Stop 17: Chinatown (Grant Street at the corner of Bush Street, outside the Triton Hotel)
- Stop 18: Steuart Street (Steuart Street between Mission and Howard, opposite of the Harbor Court Hotel)
- Stop 19: Pier 39 (The Embarcadero, outside the entrance to Pier 39)
- Stop 20: Sausalito start and end stop (Vista Point North)
- Stop 21: Horseshoe Bay (Discovery Museum, Cavallo Point Lodge)
- Stop 22: Downtown Sausalito (Harbor Shop at Humboldt Avenue)
- Stop 23: Bay Hotel
- Stop 24: Golden Gate Bridge South (Vista Point South, main parking lot)
Everything went very smooth, was great! not one problem, found everything with no problems. Will use Viator again.
It's a great way to see the city. The walking tours were good. Don't miss going to Sausalito with Big Bus. Then, for 11 5.50 Senior take the ferry back to Fisherman's Wharf. I went to Sausalito with both the greyhound and big bus tours. The greyhound tour to Muir Woods and Sausalito was the worst tour I have ever taken. Big Bus was far superior.
I enjoyed the Big Bus Ride with Kristina spelled with a K as she said Evangelina personable,funny and entertaining guide who was very informative and delightful. I would definitely go back to her tour.
It was about a month ago I went on this trip and I thought it was great! I stayed on the bus for the full two and-a-half hours and our tour guide was full of information! I live in Los Angeles and have always seen these buses so I decided to give it a try. Best decision I've ever made : I'm planning on doing one in Hollywood soon because of the experience I had here!
As ever these tours are a brilliant way to get yourself orientated with a City and the Tour Guides on the bus are always so full of information and tales - just love it! To do the whole circuit it took roughly 3 hours and you get to see everything that you want - going across the Golden Gate Bridge was a little windy so some kind of jacket with a hood on is always useful!
Excellent tour, tour guide Christ the best!
This was a great way to get around on my own to see everything, with the option to get off and spend time exploring places as desired. Remember to take another layer as the wind can be cold even in summer, especially over the bridge in the open top. I enjoyed the Night Tour and Sausalito Trolley Bus add-ons as well and were worth the extra, although better notification of the connection times for the Sausalito tour on the notices/maps or on the ticket would have saved me a lot of wasted time, so best to check these out carefully. I would recommend this tour to others.
A wonderful tour all around!
We had the 48 hour pass, which included a night tour, 3 walking tours, 7D experience, Madame Toussad and Sausalito. I would recommend this to anyone. It was a wonderful way to see the city and hear about the history.
It was a wonderful way to get around the city and see all the important sites without having a deadline to be from one place to another.