- Hop-on hop-off Big Bus sightseeing tour of San Francisco
- Travel around San Francisco on a double-decker bus, hopping on and off at any of its stops with your 24-hour ticket
- See top San Francisco attractions including the Golden Gate Bridge, Union Square, Pier 39 and Lombard Street
- Get to know the city better on three included walking tours of Chinatown, North Beach and the Barbary Coast
- Upgrade to a 48-hour pass including a nighttime bus tour, Sausalito trolley tour and the 7D Experience at Pier 39
- Flexible, fun and family-friendly way to make the most of your time in the city!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
There’s no better way to see world-famous San Francisco landmarks — including a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge — than by an open-top Big Bus!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Start at the San Francisco Visitor Center or hop on at any stop along the route to redeem your voucher (see Itinerary for full list of stops). Set out on board your open-top, double-decker bus to soak up panoramic views of San Francisco including Union Square, the Palace of Fine Arts, Pier 39, Lombard Street and the Haight-Ashbury area.
Capture amazing photos as you listen to your engaging guide share fascinating facts and anecdotes about the city. You can remain on board for the approximate 2.5-hour loop, or hop on and off at any of the nearly 20 stops to set out on your own sightseeing adventure.
Just a few blocks from Chinatown, you'll discover San Francisco's 'Little Italy' on the 1-hour North Beach tour. Stroll past landmarks such as Washington Square Park and Saints Peter and Paul Church as you learn the history of the neighborhood.
Lose yourself in the drama of the 1-hour Barbary Coast tour, featuring tales of bandits, vigilantes and writers such as Mark Twain and Jack London who once hung out in this formerly illicit neighborhood.
End your hop-on hop-off bus tour at any stop along the route. The 24-hour pass is valid from the first time you use it. Need more time to explore? Upgrade to a 48-hour pass for more sights and more perks including a nighttime bus tour, Sausalito trolley tour and 7D Experience at Pier 39 (see Itinerary for details).
Opt for a 48-hour hop-on hop-off Big Bus pass, including:
7D Experience at Pier 39
Gain admission to the 7D Experience at Pier 39, a combination movie and laser-shooting game. Watch a variety of scenarios unfold on the big screen involving ghosts, cowboys, zombies and pirates, and compete with fellow participants to eliminate the threats with laser beams at this mind-bending attraction.
- Stop 1: San Francisco Visitor Center (Mason Street at the corner of Jefferson Street)
- Stop 2: Activity Center (Taylor Street at the corner of Beach Street)
- Stop 3: Washington Square (Columbus Street at the corner of Union Street)
- Stop 4: Embarcadero (Clay Street at the corner of Battery Street)
- Stop 5: Union Square South (Geary Street at the corner of Powell Street, opposite Macy's)
- Stop 6: Hilton Hotel (Mason Street at the corner of Ellis Street)
- Stop 7: Civic Center (Larkin Street outside the Asian Art Museum)
- Stop 8: Fulton Street (Fell Street at the corner of Franklin Street)
- Stop 9: Alamo Square (Fell Street at the corner of Pierce Street)
- Stop 10: Haight-Ashbury (Haight Street at the corner of Shrader Street opposite Cha Cha Cha)
- Stop 11: Golden Gate Park (outside the California Academy of Sciences)
- Stop 12: Golden Gate Bridge North (Vista Point North, main parking lot)
- Stop 13: Palace of Fine Arts (Richardson Avenue at the corner of Francisco Street)
- Stop 14: Lombard Street 1 (Lombard Street at the corner of Fillmore Street)
- Stop 15: Lombard Street 2 (Lombard Street at the corner of Gough Street, Buena Vista Hotel)
- Stop 16: Union Square North (Post Street at the corner of Powell Street, outside the Westin St Francis Hotel)
- Stop 17: Chinatown (Grant Street at the corner of Bush Street, outside the Triton Hotel)
- Stop 18: Steuart Street (Steuart Street between Mission and Howard, opposite of the Harbor Court Hotel)
- Stop 19: Pier 39 (The Embarcadero, outside the entrance to Pier 39)
- Stop 20: Sausalito start and end stop (Vista Point North)
- Stop 21: Horseshoe Bay (Discovery Museum, Cavallo Point Lodge)
- Stop 22: Downtown Sausalito (Harbor Shop at Humboldt Avenue)
- Stop 23: Bay Hotel
- Stop 24: Golden Gate Bridge South (Vista Point South, main parking lot)