Ride a double-decker sightseeing bus to San Francisco's most famous landmarks with this 24-hour pass. Explore the city's 49 square miles, including stops at big-name attractions like Pier 39, the Palace of Fine Arts and Union Square. Go at your own pace, hopping off at any of 20 stops, exploring at your leisure, and then hopping back on when you're done. Upgrade to the Big Bus to take walking tours of the Barbary Coast, Chinatown and North Beach. Choose the 48-hour pass to take a night bus tour, a trolley tour in nearby Sausalito and Pier 39's 7D Experience.
- Hop-on hop-off Big Bus sightseeing tour of San Francisco
- Travel around San Francisco on a double-decker bus, hopping on and off at any of its stops with your 24-hour ticket
- See top San Francisco attractions including the Golden Gate Bridge, Union Square, Pier 39 and Lombard Street
- Get to know the city better on three included walking tours of Chinatown, North Beach and the Barbary Coast
- Upgrade to a 48-hour pass including a nighttime bus tour, Sausalito trolley tour and the 7D Experience at Pier 39
- Flexible, fun and family-friendly way to make the most of your time in the city!
- Redeem your voucher at any of the designated Big Bus stops
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
There’s no better way to see world-famous San Francisco landmarks — including a trip across the Golden Gate Bridge — than by an open-top Big Bus!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- San FranciscoPhoto by: GuillermoAndres P
- Golden GatePhoto by: GuillermoAndres P
- Palace of Fine ArtsPhoto by: anbdejaresco
- P1030123Photo by: Jenna M
- pont venant dOklandPhoto by: Françoise B
- Hotel de villePhoto by: Françoise B
- cable carPhoto by: Françoise B
- golden gatePhoto by: Françoise B
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Sandra K
- Golden GatePhoto by: James
- Tea GardenPhoto by: Daniel R
What You Can Expect
Board your open-top Big Bus at the San Francisco Visitor Center, or hop on at any of the stops along the route and redeem your voucher (see Itinerary for a full list of stops.)
Settle in to your seat and get out your camera, listening to your engaging guide as you pass famous San Francisco landmarks like Lombard Street, Haight-Ashbury, Union Square and the Palace of Fine Arts. Choose to remain on board the bus for the entire 2.5-hour loop, or hop off at any of the sights to explore at your leisure. Simply return to the bus stop after your time on the ground and hop back on the next bus.
Check out the included walking tours of the Barbary Coast, Chinatown, and North Beach. Each of these tours, which last between 1 and 1.5 hours) offers a more intimate, in-depth look at the history and culture of these three vibrant neighborhoods. Hear about writers Mark Twain and Jack London on the Barbary Coast tour, visit a fortune cookie factory on the Chinatown tour, and see Washington Square Park and Saints Peter and Paul Church on the North Beach tour.
End your hop-on hop-off tour at any stop along the route. The ticket is valid for 24 hours from the time you first use it. Upgrade to the 48-hour pass to do more exploring and experience a nighttime tour, Pier 39's 7D Experience and a ride on a Sausalito Trolley.
Click on the 'View Additional Info' link below for a map of the bus route.
Opt for a 48-hour hop-on hop-off Big Bus pass, including:
7D Experience at Pier 39
Gain admission to the 7D Experience at Pier 39, a combination movie and laser-shooting game. Watch a variety of scenarios unfold on the big screen involving ghosts, cowboys, zombies and pirates, and compete with fellow participants to eliminate the threats with laser beams at this mind-bending attraction.
- Stop 1: San Francisco Visitor Center (Mason Street at the corner of Jefferson Street)
- Stop 2: Activity Center (Taylor Street at the corner of Beach Street)
- Stop 3: Washington Square (Columbus Street at the corner of Union Street)
- Stop 4: Embarcadero (Clay Street at the corner of Battery Street)
- Stop 5: Union Square South (Geary Street at the corner of Powell Street, opposite Macy's)
- Stop 6: Hilton Hotel (Mason Street at the corner of Ellis Street)
- Stop 7: Civic Center (Larkin Street outside the Asian Art Museum)
- Stop 8: Fulton Street (Fell Street at the corner of Franklin Street)
- Stop 9: Alamo Square (Fell Street at the corner of Pierce Street)
- Stop 10: Haight-Ashbury (Haight Street at the corner of Shrader Street opposite Cha Cha Cha)
- Stop 11: Golden Gate Park (outside the California Academy of Sciences)
- Stop 12: Golden Gate Bridge North (Vista Point North, main parking lot)
- Stop 13: Palace of Fine Arts (Richardson Avenue at the corner of Francisco Street)
- Stop 14: Lombard Street 1 (Lombard Street at the corner of Fillmore Street)
- Stop 15: Lombard Street 2 (Lombard Street at the corner of Gough Street, Buena Vista Hotel)
- Stop 16: Union Square North (Post Street at the corner of Powell Street, outside the Westin St Francis Hotel)
- Stop 17: Chinatown (Grant Street at the corner of Bush Street, outside the Triton Hotel)
- Stop 18: Steuart Street (Steuart Street between Mission and Howard, opposite of the Harbor Court Hotel)
- Stop 19: Pier 39 (The Embarcadero, outside the entrance to Pier 39)
- Stop 20: Sausalito start and end stop (Vista Point North)
- Stop 21: Horseshoe Bay (Discovery Museum, Cavallo Point Lodge)
- Stop 22: Downtown Sausalito (Harbor Shop at Humboldt Avenue)
- Stop 23: Bay Hotel
- Stop 24: Golden Gate Bridge South (Vista Point South, main parking lot)
This was an awesome tour.
Great way to get an overview of the city and its famous iconic places. It's great being able to get off and explore an area and then get back on. Some of the buses have live guides and some are recorded. The live ones are much better! We thoroughly enjoyed our tour!
We are quite elderly 2 over 80 so found the Big Bus a great way to see S.F. Drivers and guides excellent.
grate and easy way to tour the city.
Nancee United Kingdom
Excellent,I can and don't remember their names but this company is good. We enjoyed the whole 48 hour tour and it and #39;s a dynamite ticket.
Was able to see so much of the area.
Trip was fun and informative.
We totally enjoyed our Hop-on Hop-off tour. All of the drivers and the guides were wonderful. We had a lot of fun and it is the best way to see the city and decide which areas we want to explore. It was wonderful being there at Christmas time and getting an extra day was awesome.