- A morning or afternoon tour of San Francisco’s iconic sights aboard a 1971 VW bus
- Roll through 14 historic districts including the counterculture haven of Haight Ashbury
- Wind your way to view the zigzags of Lombard Street in a classic VW van
- Pop out for a photo op at the Golden Gate Bridge, Sutro Baths, Twin Peaks, Alamo Square, Lombard St and more
- Handle artifacts such as amusement-ride tickets from the beloved Playland at the Beach
- Taste samples of Ghirardelli chocolate and Boudin sourdough bread
- A fun and hip way to see San Francisco and learn its wild history in a small-group of six or less
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You won't be able to contain your smile when you see this cherry-red VW charmer. It's a cool way to explore the city with a true local perspective on a tour that's more like spending time with friends driving around town than with strangers on a sightseeing tour.
What You Can Expect
Think of the wild woman as you pass the beautiful Coit Tower, a monument that came to fruition thanks to the estate she left to the city when she passed away. The bustling neighborhood of North Beach is just one of 14 districts that you explore on this trip. Check out the zigzags of Lombard Street, admire the Painted Ladies in Alamo Square and dive into the history of the Sutro Baths ruins, once dubbed the world’s largest indoor swimming pool.
You'll groove to tunes from the Summer of Love as you road trip along routes that afford terrific photo ops of the Golden Gate Bridge, Twin Peaks and Alcatraz. You'll also learn about how earthquakes, the Gold Rush and the rise of Silicon Valley helped shape this innovative city into a world-class destination.
Pass around vintage admission tickets to the beloved Playland at the Beach in the backseat in Ocean Beach; reminisce about vinyl records in Haight Ashbury; and enjoy samples of treats such as Ghirardelli chocolate and fresh sourdough bread from Boudin at Fisherman’s Wharf. You might even forget you're on a sightseeing tour as you melt into Lillie's overstuffed bench seats and chat about the old-school mementos with fellow passengers. Your guide can answer questions that you have about the attractions along the way.
Finish your alternative route to sightseeing around San Francisco back at your hotel, or selected location. By the end of this guided, small-group tour, you'll be hip to the city’s vibrant history, and you'll surely have some interesting stories to share!
Outstanding tour! The classic VW bus easily maneuvers through the city for a truely unique experience. The guide is interesting and extremely knowledgable of SF's history and culture.
Recommend this tour for everyone!
This tour was brilliant saw everywhere. The tour guide knew everything and was very friendly. I would recommend this tour to everyone. Hotel pick up and drop off. It was a fantastic day and the best way to see San Francisco