Riding a Segway is similar to riding a bike. It's intuitive, but nobody is born knowing how to operate it. You'll have 35 - 45 minutes of training prior to beginning the tour so you can get familiar with the most innovative transportation device of the millennium. You will practice on the Segway until everyone feels comfortable and ready to tour Golden Gate Park!
This small-group tour is limited to 6 people only to ensure a more personal experience.
- Two-hour narrated tour of San Francisco's Golden Gate Park by Segway
- Unique, eco-friendly way to tour the city
- See more sights than on a walking tour
- Learn about San Francisco landmarks like the California Academy of Sciences, the deYoung Museum, and the Japanese Tea Garden
- 35- to 45-minute training session
- Helmet and safety vests provided, and jackets and gloves available
You will also learn about the history of Golden Gate Park, and how it was transformed in the 1870s from barren sand dunes into the flourishing National Historic Place it is today. Your knowledgeable guide will uncover hidden gems, such as Lily Pond, Storybook Cross, Fern Grotto, an amazing Redwood tree grove, and a pioneer log cabin.
This Segway tour is the perfect way to see, learn about and photograph an urban oasis in the heart of San Francisco!
Reviewed by Paul H, April 2013
I am so impressed with the quality of this tour. The tutorial was more than enough to calm any nerves of riding for the first time. Our guide, Jeff, was awesome. A perfect way to see The Park.
Reviewed by marino b, March 2013
The tour guide was a show-woman,funny, positive, and unexpectedly hilarious. The tour was so much more fun than I thought it would be!!!! I highly recommend it.