- Great value Alcatraz tour and sunset cruise combo
- Spend the afternoon uncovering the notorious history of Alcatraz prison
- Guaranteed, high demand Alcatraz tickets
- Book early as this tour will sell out!
- Take an evening cruise of San Francisco Bay at sunset
- Enjoy delicious appetizers and a complimentary drink on board
- Includes award-winning Alcatraz audio tour "Doing Time", available in 11 languages
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A popular package that lets you sail on beautiful San Francisco Bay by day and night. You lock in high-demand tickets to Alcatraz and cruise under both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge as the city lights come on.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Sailing at SunsetPhoto by: Antonio R
- Golden Gate at Twilight.Photo by: AMITH S
- Golden Gate From The BayPhoto by: John S
- Under The BridgePhoto by: John S
- Golden Gate Bridge At SunsetPhoto by: John S
- Our family before boarding ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- The Golden Gate, shrouded in ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- Fog rolling over hill into ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- The Red and White fleet boat ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- The lovely rose garden on ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- By the Chinese Dragon in one ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- View of Alcatraz as we were ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- View of Alcatraz as we headed ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- san francisco bay cruisePhoto by: venessa f
- Going Underneath The Golden ...Photo by: Jessie H
- USA USA!Photo by: M.Ritson R
- View from the boat..Photo by: Mirage M
- Golden Gate Bridge at sunset.Photo by: Mirage M
- Coit TowerPhoto by: Kenneth S
- OraclePhoto by: Kenneth S
What You Can Expect
With your provided headset on, explore the cellblock while listening to ‘Doing Time,’ the award-winning self-guided audio tour that includes narration by former prisoners and staff. Both a military prison and a federal penitentiary during its notorious past, Alcatraz is known for high-profile inmates like Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. You’ll learn about the history of the prison and some of the escape attempts while you peer into individual cells.
You can also explore the grounds and look for wildlife like Brandt’s cormorants, Canadian geese and other birds. When you’re ready to go back to the city, just hop on the ferry; they depart every 30 minutes or so. Typical visiting time at Alcatraz is about 2.5 hours.
After returning to the Embarcadero, walk along the waterfront to Pier 43 at Fisherman’s Wharf to start your next on-the-water adventure—a 2-hour sunset or twilight cruise with a provided glass of wine, beer or soft drink. Enjoy fantastic views of the waterfront from the exterior deck, and glide underneath both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge while snacking on appetizers and listening to the live guitarist and commentary from your captain. If you get cold, you can take shelter from the wind in the spacious interior deck.
Your memorable experience on San Francisco Bay concludes when you return to Fisherman’s Wharf.
Both tours were excellent especially the Alcatraz one
Best day of our 4 day trip to San Francisco.
Sunset cruise was a highlight
The weather was very kind on the evening we sailed and we had some wonderful views of the Golden Gate Bridge. It really was a 'sunset cruise'. The food on board was very good and there was plenty of it. Having read previous reviews, we did not eat prior to boarding and were pleased we chose to do this. Overall a great experience.
Great tour, Alcatraz was very interesting and twilight tour was well worth the extra money. Free glass of wine, beer or soft drink and a very tasty buffet. Had a young guitarist playing as we sailed. Highly recommend
Loved the audio tour! Worth the visit!!! Be ready to walk up some steep inclines.
Loved our guide. and the red rock canyon!
Fireworks experience was awesome !!!
What an amazing experience at a very educational facility! My boyfriend and I enjoyed our day trip to Alcatraz and our night cruise under the bridges even if it was raining. It was still super romantic and beautiful!
This was fantastic loved visiting the Jail, a lot of history and it was also great sailing in San Francisco bay.
Easy to find, all went as expected and beyond. Both parts well worth doing.