- Great value Alcatraz tour and sunset cruise combo
- Spend the afternoon uncovering the notorious history of Alcatraz prison
- Guaranteed, high demand Alcatraz tickets
- Book early as this tour will sell out!
- Includes award-winning Alcatraz audio tour "Doing Time", available in 10 languages
- Take an evening cruise of San Francisco Bay at sunset
- Enjoy delicious appetizers and a complimentary drink on board
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A popular package that lets you sail on beautiful San Francisco Bay by day and night. You lock in high-demand tickets to Alcatraz and cruise under both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge as the sun sets and the city lights come on.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Sailing at SunsetPhoto by: Antonio R
- Golden Gate at Twilight.Photo by: AMITH S
- Golden Gate From The BayPhoto by: John S
- Under The BridgePhoto by: John S
- Golden Gate Bridge At SunsetPhoto by: John S
- Our family before boarding ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- The Golden Gate, shrouded in ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- Fog rolling over hill into ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- The Red and White fleet boat ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- The lovely rose garden on ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- By the Chinese Dragon in one ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- View of Alcatraz as we were ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- View of Alcatraz as we headed ...Photo by: Cherrie H
- san francisco bay cruisePhoto by: venessa f
- Going Underneath The Golden ...Photo by: Jessie H
- USA USA!Photo by: M.Ritson R
- View from the boat..Photo by: Mirage M
- Golden Gate Bridge at sunset.Photo by: Mirage M
- Coit TowerPhoto by: Kenneth S
- OraclePhoto by: Kenneth S
What You Can Expect
With your provided headset on, explore the cellblock while listening to ‘Doing Time,’ the award-winning self-guided audio tour that includes narration by former prisoners and staff. Both a military prison and a federal penitentiary during its notorious past, Alcatraz is known for high-profile inmates like Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly. You’ll learn about the history of the prison and some of the escape attempts while you peer into individual cells.
You can also explore the grounds and look for wildlife like Brandt’s cormorants, Canadian geese and other birds. When you’re ready to go back to the city, just hop on the ferry; they depart every 30 minutes or so. Typical visiting time at Alcatraz is about 2.5 hours.
After returning to the Embarcadero, walk along the waterfront to Pier 43 at Fisherman’s Wharf to start your next on-the-water adventure—a 2-hour sunset cruise with a provided glass of wine, beer or soft drink. Enjoy fantastic views of the waterfront from the exterior deck, and glide underneath both the Bay Bridge and Golden Gate Bridge while snacking on appetizers and listening to the live guitarist and commentary from your captain. If you get cold, you can take shelter from the wind in the spacious interior deck.
Your memorable experience on San Francisco Bay concludes when you return to Fisherman’s Wharf.
Had an amazing time. Fog came in but added to the ambience
The audio tour of Alcatraz was very good. Alcatraz was a little too crowded for our liking, wish we had went early in the morning. The Sunset cruise might be the highlight of our trip. Weather was perfect, live music and the food was good.
Everything I expected and more.
Alcatraz was amazing, boat on time and plenty of room.
Sunset bay cruise was amazing and food was really good.
wonderful sunset cruise experience and very good buffet served on board
Nothing bad to say about any part of the trip.
A lot of information and a lot of fun
great boat size, great atmosphere with the live music at the right sound level, not to loud, great length of trip, so enjoyed going under the bridge, getting so close to Alcatraz and enjoying the coastline view, just amazing! food was lovely and plentiful. was a beautiful way to end our 4 day stay in san fran, would recommend in a heartbeat!
Fantastic day at Alcatraz audio tour fantastic ,and to follow it with the bay cruise capped off a great day,I would like to thank Viator it made American travel so much easier.