The San Francisco Crooked Street Segway Tour is the newest most challenging route yet! Ideal for those who have ridden a Segway before, wish to see a little more and test the machine a little further. What better testing grounds than the hills of San Francisco!
This small-group tour is limited to 8 people, ensuring a more personal experience.
- Segway tour of the most famous sights of San Francisco
- Enjoy riding through famous locations including Russian Hill, Lombard Street and North Beach
- Stop at St. Peter and Paul's Church as well as spectacular views of Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge
- Frequent picture stops along the San Francisco waterfront
- Experience personalized attention on this small-group tour limited to 8 people
- Riders must have previous Segway riding experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Lots of people have been to San Francisco's Crooked Street, but how many can say they've gone down it on a Segway? The guides are happy to take photos of you conquering the streets of San Francisco. The terrain is tricky, so this tour is for experienced Segway riders only.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The newest and most challenging route! This segway tour includes scooting up Russian Hill and the famous Lombard Street, seeing the sights in North Beach, Little Italy and a glide along the waterfront. If you wish to join this advanced tour, you must have taken a segway tour (1 hour or more) in the last 12 months. This is not a beginners tour nor appropriate for guests with mobility issues.
Enjoy Eco-friendly touring! On an eco-friendly Segway tour you'll see more sights than you could cover on foot, and have lots of fun. There's an added benefit for the environment if you take a Segway, there are fewer tour buses on the streets of the city each day you are helping keep San Francisco "The Greenest City in the United States".
Your narrated Crooked Street Segway Tour will feature spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay while you visit:
- Municipal Pier and Aquatic Park
- Fisherman's Wharf and its picturesque fishing harbors
- Ride down the worlds most famous "crooked street" Lombard Street
- Spectacular views of Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, Bay Bridge and San Francisco Bay
- Climb the slopes of Russian Hill
- See San Francisco's 350 hidden stairways and pedestrian only lanes
- Cruise towards North Beach on the slopes of Telegraph Hill
- Stop and see St. Peter and Paul's Church and Washington Square Park the center of "Little Italy"
Tour stops several time for photo opportunities.
Excellent throughout the entire experience. Must try.
Most fun ever! Challenging trip with great guide Carlos, who kept us feeling safe and took us to some fabulous vistas. Highly recommend this trip if you have previously experienced a Segway. Not for beginners.
Great tour, Melanie was a fun and informative guide, certainly wouldn't have tried some of those hills without her! Wasn't too sure about segwaying in traffic but she made us all feel safe. Her narration didn't sound old hat as I'm sure it can feel if you've said it everyday for a year. Great!
This was an amazing tour with an awesome guide! If you are an experienced Segway rider and are comfortable with the mechanics of movement, then this is the San Francisco tour for you. San Francisco offers some of the most diverse and challenging street terrain in the world and it's all there for you to experience. Our guide, Melinda, was great! She was adventurous, informative and fun and made the riding experience even better. If you have a few hours, I can't think of a better way of experiencing the City by the Bay.
Melanie was great, full of information. Our only criticism was that the two hour tour passed far too quickly. If we're in San Francisco again we will definitely take another tour, especially if you present a different advanced tour. We did consider many other streets more difficult than Lombard - it at least had good pavement.
Fantastic! We did Lombard street twice, went to Coit Tower and many other places with wonderful views and beautiful SF streets. I was surprised at the distances we covered easily. Our tour guide, Devo, was entertaining and enthusiastic. Riding a Segway down Lombard street was on my wish list for two years, so I had some pretty high hopes, and this tour exceeded them.
If you want to test your Seg skills, this is the tour for you, and Lombard is the place to ride. Excellent!
We had lots of fun Nd tour guid was very knowledgeable, I would recommend
Excellent tour guide; very well done.
Our guide, Ellen, was wonderful - very knowledgable and with a great sense of humour. The route was interesting and challenging. Definitely to be recommended.