Your San Francisco trip is not complete without a walking tour of the cultural side of San Francisco where the old world meets the new. With friendly, knowledgeable and experienced guides, uncover the secrets of San Francisco's Chinatown.
- Herbal Pharmacy
- Fortune Cookie Factory
- Historic landmarks
- Chinese Temple
- Stockton Street Food Market
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
This city within a city is a historic maze of mysterious sights, where an ancient culture from the other side of the world survives and flourishes with remarkable authenticity.
- Buildings of historical and architectural interest: Admire the pagoda style buildings and hear about their history
- Herbal Pharmacy: Behold life prolonging ginseng root, pearl pills for beautiful skin, gecko lizards for energy
- Fortune Cookie Factory: Sample these "wise crackers" and watch how it's done
- Stockton Street Food Markets: Stroll among the freshest and most exotic foods in the Bay Area
- Authentic Buddhist Temple: See the dazzling altars adorned with red lanterns, priceless gold antiques, and incense filled bronze urns
- Waverly Place: Hear about the history of Chinatown's most interesting alley full of temples, private clubs and secret societies
- Chinese Language School: Find out how Chinese families keep alive language and cultural traditions for their children
- Tea Tasting Demonstration: Visit a tea shop where you can sample a variety of exotic teas, all complimentary. (This stop subject to availability)
- Insider's list of recommended shopping and restaurants in Chinatown: All guests receive a copy of the current year's best bets
- Hosted 10 Course Dim Sum Luncheon at one of Chinatown's most popular restaurants (only if option selected with booking)
Excellent walking tour. Linda Lee is fabulous. She shared stories from her childhood and was born and raised in Chinatown. I highly recommend this tour. We really enjoyed our lunch with Linda and other guests from the walking tour. Thank you Linda!!
This was a great tour. Linda Lee was an excellent guide, full of interesting information and very pleasant. The Lunch was delicious and should be purchased as part of the tour.The only thing I wish is that there was more time at the Fortune Cookie Factory, and you weren't charged 50 cents for each photo you took there. Fantastic way to learn about Chinatown and it's deep history in San Francisco.