- San Francisco food tour and Alcatraz combo
- Dive into San Francisco food culture on a 1-hour food tour of the Ferry Building and Farmers' Market
- Sample foods from popular local purveyors such as Cowgirl Creamery
- Enjoy savory delights such as fennel salame and chili
- Indulge in handmade chocolates and macarons
- Spend your afternoon exploring Alcatraz, San Francisco's premier attraction
- Learn about infamous island with the award-winning 'Cellhouse Audio Tour'
What You Can Expect
Learn more about the San Francisco Bay Area's tastemakers as you nibble on Cowgirl Creamery's award-winning cheese, Boccalone's house-cured fennel salame and freshly made mortadella, Acme Bread's fresh loaves, and Miette Patisserie's delicate French macarons. Want more? Indulge in a cup of chili from the American Eatery and satisfy your sweet tooth with handmade chocolates from Recchiuti. If you’re visiting during one of the weekly farmers’ markets, don’t be surprised if your guide points out some of the city’s revered chefs shopping for fresh produce to include on their menus.
After you satiate your appetite, you'll receive your ferry tickets and directions to Pier 33 for the next portion of your tour. Take a stroll along the Embarcadero to Pier 33 where you'll hop on the ferry for a scenic ride to Alcatraz. Explore the island at your leisure with the award-winning Cellhouse audio walking tour to discover hidden secrets and fascinating stories of the world’s most notorious prison. Ferries depart the island frequently to provide maximum flexibility for your time on Alcatraz.
I highly recommend the market tour and Alcatraz package. We took our daughters ages 13 and 7 and they loved both parts of the trip. The market tour gives a great over view of what's on offer from local food producers and chefs (plus you get to sample their goodies). Well done!
This tour was over and above what we expected,we really enjoyed it and Lisa the guide was