- San Francisco food walking tour of Haight-Ashbury
- Discover the culinary scene in the historic neighborhood through tastings at spots selected by a noted local food writer
- See a garden where cocktail ingredients are sourced, try off-menu food truck items, and sample unusual sodas
- Chat with chefs and restaurant owners, and learn all about this area's food scene from your passionate guide
- All food and beverage tastings included
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people to ensure more personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
As you amble the streets with your small group, learn a little about The Haight's colorful history and lots about its rich food scene. Make four stops on the tour for tastings of appetizer, entree and dessert items that are meant to add up to a satisfying meal. Plus, take advantage of the chance to chat with chefs and restaurant owners about what's new and what's hot.
Enjoy off-menu tacos from Bacon Bacon, one of the city's most popular food trucks, which now has a brick-and-mortar location. Head to the bustling food market Second Act Marketplace, and enjoy exclusive access to a private garden where ingredients for one of America's top cocktail bars, The Alembic, are sourced. As you sip, your guide shares fun details about the inspiration behind the drinks, which might include the Southern Exposure cocktail, paired with a delicious appetizer.
Please note: During the course of your tour, walk about a mile (2 km) on a mostly flat route with a couple of small hills. Your included culinary map makes it easy to revisit any of the establishments on your tour to enjoy even more intriguing nibbles.
- Bacon Bacon
- The Alembic
- Anda Piroshki
- The Ice Cream Bar