- 3-hour food tour of San Francisco’s vibrant Mission District
- Visit five local eateries to indulge in sweet and savory artisanal creations
- Learn about the neighborhood’s rich Latin history and its modern, trendy scene
- Meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts with your knowledgeable local guide
- Go behind the scenes of a commercial kitchen and get a hands-on experience of making empanadas!
- Enjoy a specially crafted cocktail and Belgian beer paired with cheese (if option selected)
You’ll indulge in artisanal treats at five different local eateries including a ham and oyster bar, a chic cheese café, an iconic grocery store and San Francisco’s most acclaimed ice cream shop.
Kick it up a notch with a behind-the-scenes look at a commercial kitchen, where you’ll sample freshly prepared Argentine-style empanadas, featured on 7×7 Magazine’s list of Top 100 Foods to Eat Before You Die. You’ll even have the opportunity to jump in and make your own!
Depending on the tour option you choose, you may enjoy a specially crafted seasonal cocktail and a dark Belgian Style beer paired with yummy cheeses.
Your progressive meal ends near Dolores Park with a mouthwatering dessert from San Francisco's most acclaimed ice cream shop.
Locations visited are subject to change.
Reviewed by Melanie D, April 2013
What a way to get to know a town!!! Highly recommend. Thank you Avital. Your tour was informative, enjoyable not to mention delicious. Loved that the tour size was nice and small allowed for easy hearing/ seeing/ moving around. Great choice had been made of our food stops. Loved the information provided about the mission and murals as well and you really knew your stuff when if came to food. Thank you. Would highly recommend and if we were in town we'd even do this tour again!!!
Reviewed by Blondie, January 2013
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour of the mission district. We chose to include the cocktail pairing. The cheese place we visited was our personal favourite and as new residents of San Francisco a place we are looking forward to returning to. Avital was very friendly and knowledgeable. Definitely recommend