- 3-hour food tour of San Francisco’s vibrant Mission District
- Visit five local eateries to indulge in sweet and savory artisanal creations
- Learn about the neighborhood’s rich Latin history and its modern, trendy scene
- Meet chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts with your knowledgeable local guide
- Go behind the scenes of a commercial kitchen and see how fresh empanadas are made
- Enjoy a specially crafted cocktail and Belgian beer paired with cheese (if option selected)
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
You don't just have delicious food at five eateries in the hip, vibrant Mission District--you'll go behind the scenes and learn to make your own empanadas! It's a wonderful way to get a taste of San Francisco's rich and dynamic food scene.
What You Can Expect
You’ll indulge in artisanal treats at five different local eateries including a ham and oyster bar, a chic cheese café, an iconic grocery store and San Francisco’s most acclaimed ice cream shop.
Kick it up a notch with a behind-the-scenes look at a commercial kitchen, where you’ll sample freshly prepared Argentine-style empanadas, featured on 7×7 Magazine’s list of Top 100 Foods to Eat Before You Die.
Depending on the tour option you choose, you may enjoy a specially crafted seasonal cocktail and a dark Belgian Style beer paired with yummy cheeses.
Your progressive meal ends near Dolores Park with a mouthwatering dessert from San Francisco's most acclaimed ice cream shop.
Locations visited are subject to change.
The food tour guide, Zev, was very knowledgeable about the various places we visited, the owners and the different types of food we tasted. He made the tour entertaining and and provided interesting information about the murals which we wouldn't have found in a guide book.
My son (11 years old) and I had a fantastic time with this. We have done other "foodie tours" in other cities but this was one of the best. Corinne was a wonderful young lady with lots of energy and a great attitude. She was very personable with everyone in the group and even a stray we picked up at one point. The restaurants we visited we prepared for us, very liberal with their portions (we were stuffed beyond any of our prior food tours) and staff was very fun to chat with. I have actually already recommended this to some friends that will be in the area in two months!