Combine San Francisco's top two half-day trips into one for an unbeatable price! Save 17% compared to booking two tours separately.
- Full-day trip to the Northern California wine country and Muir Woods National Monument, combined at one great price
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees on easy walking paths
- Tour Napa and Sonoma wineries and try up to 10 wines at each
- Enjoy a complimentary sparking wine toast, and explore Sonoma Plaza at your leisure
- Take a scenic drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and hear expert commentary from a guide
- Pickup and drop-off from selected San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees included!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Mark off two Northern California top attractions on this comprehensive day trip to the Sonoma and Napa wine country, with a stroll through not-to-be-missed Muir Woods en route. You'll reach the redwoods before the crowds, maximizing your time in the park.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The MadonnaPhoto by: ncuenca2
USA, 07 2013
- Great photo op before ...Photo by: Bruce R
USA, 06 2013
- Big Trees Big FunPhoto by: Jamie P
- red red winePhoto by: Natalia V
- Picturesque wine countryPhoto by: Natalia V
- Impressive giant trees in ...Photo by: Natalia V
- VinedosPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- BelloPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Jeronimo J
- muir moodsPhoto by: Yanghsin L
- Cline CellarsPhoto by: David M
- Jacuzzi VineyardsPhoto by: David M
- Glass of whitePhoto by: Melody P
- Lunch!Photo by: Melody P
- Wine at Mayo vineyards!Photo by: Melody P
- Muir woodsPhoto by: Melody P
- Extranomical Tours Pic.jpgPhoto by: Lisa
USA, 03 2015
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Matthew J G
- IMG_1075Photo by: Matthew J G
What You Can Expect
Hotel pickup in San Francisco starts early for the drive north across the Golden Gate Bridge, meaning you’ll reach Muir Woods before many other tours arrive. On your way out of the city, see the Palace of Fine Arts and the Presidio.
Muir Woods National Monument is home to a pristine forest of California coastal redwoods, which are some of the planet’s tallest and oldest trees with heights that can reach 250 feet (76 meters). You have about one hour here to wander through the grove of trees with your guide, who will tell you about the local vegetation and wildlife along the nature trail while you walk over mossy streams. Then return to the tour vehicle for the drive further north into wine country.
Wine country tour:
When you reach your first winery in Sonoma County’s Carneros region, you can explore the grounds, enjoy photo ops of the vineyard and sample a variety of wines in a welcoming atmosphere. You then have an hour of free time in the town of Sonoma to buy lunch on the plaza (own expense), shop in the boutiques or perhaps take in another wine sample at one of the tasting rooms on the square (tastings during free time are at your own expense).
Afterward, continue your tour to your second and third wineries in Sonoma County or Napa County for more tastings. Total time at each winery is about one hour, and you’ll have the chance to taste five to 10 wines of different varietals, from white to red to sparkling. Tasting fees are included, and you may purchase bottles to take home, if you wish. See below for a sample of wineries you may visit.
Your day trip ends with the drive back across the Golden Gate Bridge. Admire views of the vast Pacific and the rugged coastline before hotel drop-off.
- Madonna Estate Winery: Discover four generations of winemaking by the Bartolucci family at dry-farmed vineyards producing a variety of organic, hand-crafted wines.
- Cline Cellars: This classic, family-owned winery specializes in Rhone varietals and sources fruit from Sonoma Valley and Contra Costa County.
- Mayo Family Winery: Founded in 1993, single vineyards produce the highest quality and enjoyable wines.
excellent! Paul was fantastic tour guide really enjoyed the trip.
Tour guide was excellent and kept us engaged in thought throughout the day. Would highly recommend to anyone!
Definitely worth the time and money and would take any tours offered by the tour guide company
The tour was great! I feel like 2 hours would be better spent in Muir Woods, because it is so nice there. The Wineries were great! Our tour guide Lars was excellent! Would definitely recommend it!
A trip not to be missed.The guide was very knowledgable and entertaining. Muir woods was awe inspiring. The wine country was scenery at its best with the visits to the wineries the icing on the cake. A great day. A must do for all visitors to San Francisco. Thank-you Viator
We had a great time on this tour! Our guide was friendly and helpful. The scenery was beautiful and the drive was relaxing. We were able to attend several wineries and enjoy tastings at each. We ate lunch in Sonoma and it was beautiful. I highly recommend this tour to anyone looking to get out of the city for a day without renting a car.
Roman was a fantastic tour guide for the Muir Woods and Wine Country Tour. Very entertaining and knew how to run a tight ship so that everyone was back to the bus at the designated times -- No public shamings! Yay! After the tour, he took us to a great place to view the Golden Gate Bridge and the entire city. Also was kind enough to drop us at North Beach where we had planned to go that evening vs. back to our hotel. Highly Recommended!
Muir Woods was breathtaking and wine country was so much fun. Our tour guide, Frank, was full of fun facts and CA history. I liked that we got to explore Muir Woods on our own and had private group tastings at each of the three vineyards. Some quick stops but no other way to fit it all in!
Great tour. Tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. He seemed to have a good grasp of the history and specifics of all the sites. All the wineries were a lot of fun. Good fun.
Awesome tour! Our guide was funny and knowledgeable.
$127.95 Save $22.95