- Full-day trip to the Northern California wine country and Muir Woods National Monument, combined at one great price
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees on easy walking paths
- Tour Napa and Sonoma wineries and try up to 10 wines at each
- Enjoy a complimentary sparking wine toast, and explore Sonoma Plaza at your leisure
- Take a scenic drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and hear expert commentary from a guide
- Pickup and drop-off from selected San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees included!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Mark off two Northern California top attractions on this comprehensive day trip to the Sonoma and Napa wine country, with a stroll through not-to-be-missed Muir Woods en route. You'll reach the redwoods before the crowds, maximizing your time in the park.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The MadonnaPhoto by: ncuenca2
USA, 07 2013
- Great photo op before ...Photo by: Bruce R
USA, 06 2013
- red red winePhoto by: Natalia V
- Picturesque wine countryPhoto by: Natalia V
- Impressive giant trees in ...Photo by: Natalia V
- VinedosPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- BelloPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Jeronimo J
- muir moodsPhoto by: Yanghsin L
- Cline CellarsPhoto by: David M
- Jacuzzi VineyardsPhoto by: David M
- Glass of whitePhoto by: Melody P
- Lunch!Photo by: Melody P
- Wine at Mayo vineyards!Photo by: Melody P
- Muir woodsPhoto by: Melody P
- Extranomical Tours Pic.jpgPhoto by: Lisa
USA, 03 2015
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Matthew J G
- IMG_1075Photo by: Matthew J G
- RomanPhoto by: JayNBee
USA, 10 2014
What You Can Expect
Hotel pickup in San Francisco starts early for the drive north across the Golden Gate Bridge, meaning you’ll reach Muir Woods before many other tours arrive. On your way out of the city, see the Palace of Fine Arts and the Presidio.
Muir Woods National Monument is home to a pristine forest of California coastal redwoods, which are some of the planet’s tallest and oldest trees with heights that can reach 250 feet (76 meters). You have about one hour here to wander through the grove of trees with your guide, who will tell you about the local vegetation and wildlife along the nature trail while you walk over mossy streams. Then return to the tour vehicle for the drive further north into wine country.
Wine country tour:
When you reach your first winery in Sonoma County’s Carneros region, you can explore the grounds, enjoy photo ops of the vineyard and sample a variety of wines in a welcoming atmosphere. You then have an hour of free time in the town of Sonoma to buy lunch on the plaza (own expense), shop in the boutiques or perhaps take in another wine sample at one of the tasting rooms on the square (tastings during free time are at your own expense).
Afterward, continue your tour to your second and third wineries in Sonoma County or Napa County for more tastings. Total time at each winery is about one hour, and you’ll have the chance to taste five to 10 wines of different varietals, from white to red to sparkling. Tasting fees are included, and you may purchase bottles to take home, if you wish. See below for a sample of wineries you may visit.
Your day trip ends with the drive back across the Golden Gate Bridge. Admire views of the vast Pacific and the rugged coastline before hotel drop-off.
- Madonna Estate Winery: Discover four generations of winemaking by the Bartolucci family at dry-farmed vineyards producing a variety of organic, hand-crafted wines.
- Cline Cellars: This classic, family-owned winery specializes in Rhone varietals and sources fruit from Sonoma Valley and Contra Costa County.
- Mayo Family Winery: Founded in 1993, single vineyards produce the highest quality and enjoyable wines.
Great tour and fantastic wine
Great tour and great wine
Highly recommend this indeed a perfect combo for a leisure day in SF - walk in magic, one of a kind, woods and then fun wine tasting accompanied by beautiful views of Sonoma and Napa valley. The one who really made my day was our guide Anthony, nice British guy, with a smile that changed weather from cloudy to sunny that day. He had a recorded CD with a perfectly matching soundtrack for our journey. And he drove us right for the sunset view to the Golden Gated Bridge in the end of this perfect day. Awesome!
Pam was an excellent tour guide, and even on a rainy day this trip was a lot of fun!
This was a great experience. Our tour guide A british guy was excellent, very funny and knowledgeable!
Great day, Paul was a terrific guide. Bus very cramped and shouldn't be described as luxurious. Cline winery in Napa valley was superb!
I really enjoyed the banter of our tour guide and the whole day was so well planned out.
3 great vineyards. I would have liked a little longer at Muir Woods as you can't really get too far into them before you have to turn back to be on time for the bus.
Wonderful wines, Knowledgeable guide and all the banter on the bus was a bonus.
I would highly recommend this tour to anyone that want to experience the beauty of the redwood forest and the picturesque rolling hills of wine country the wine tasting is a bonus but above all I would recommend this tour simply for the tour guide, Anthony, whos witty and sharp sense of humor and insider tips made the tour that much more memorable! He alone managed to make my birthday a memorable one!! I was late for the tour because I underestimated rush hour traffic, and the he waited for me 35 Min!!!. Although everyone on the bus gave giving the hairy eyeball and being somewhat passive aggressive Anthony made everyone on the bus feel welcome. I cannot stress enough what a difference Anthony made!!! even after the tour was over he gave me some tips on where to go, what bars to see, restaurants, etc... priceless information in my opinion. thanks a lot dude!!!
Pam was a wonderful tour guide and handled our tour bus very expertly, even through a rush hour rain storm with poor visibility. She clearly knows and loves the area surrounding San Francisco!
Great experience, really worth the money I paid! Great trip, great tour guide!
$127.95 Save $22.95