- Full-day trip to the Northern California wine country and Muir Woods National Monument, combined at one great price
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees on easy walking paths
- Tour Napa and Sonoma wineries and try up to 10 wines at each
- Enjoy a complimentary sparking wine toast, and explore Sonoma Plaza at your leisure
- Take a scenic drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and hear expert commentary from a guide
- Pickup and drop-off from selected San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees included!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Mark off two Northern California top attractions on this comprehensive day trip to the Sonoma and Napa wine country, with a stroll through not-to-be-missed Muir Woods en route. You'll reach the redwoods before the crowds, maximizing your time in the park.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The MadonnaPhoto by: ncuenca2
USA, 07 2013
- Great photo op before ...Photo by: Bruce R
USA, 06 2013
- VinedosPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- BelloPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Jeronimo J
- muir moodsPhoto by: Yanghsin L
- Cline CellarsPhoto by: David M
- Jacuzzi VineyardsPhoto by: David M
- Glass of whitePhoto by: Melody P
- Lunch!Photo by: Melody P
- Wine at Mayo vineyards!Photo by: Melody P
- Muir woodsPhoto by: Melody P
- Extranomical Tours Pic.jpgPhoto by: Lisa
USA, 03 2015
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Matthew J G
- IMG_1075Photo by: Matthew J G
- RomanPhoto by: JayNBee
USA, 10 2014
- Mayo WineryPhoto by: JayNBee
USA, 10 2014
- Standing Amongst the GrapesPhoto by: JayNBee
USA, 10 2014
- Just a glimpse of our tourPhoto by: Kat
USA, 09 2014
What You Can Expect
Hotel pickup in San Francisco starts early for the drive north across the Golden Gate Bridge, meaning you’ll reach Muir Woods before many other tours arrive. On your way out of the city, see the Palace of Fine Arts and the Presidio.
Muir Woods National Monument is home to a pristine forest of California coastal redwoods, which are some of the planet’s tallest and oldest trees with heights that can reach 250 feet (76 meters). You have about one hour here to wander through the grove of trees with your guide, who will tell you about the local vegetation and wildlife along the nature trail while you walk over mossy streams. Then return to the tour vehicle for the drive further north into wine country.
Wine country tour:
When you reach your first winery in Sonoma County’s Carneros region, you can explore the grounds, enjoy photo ops of the vineyard and sample a variety of wines in a welcoming atmosphere. You then have an hour of free time in the town of Sonoma to buy lunch on the plaza (own expense), shop in the boutiques or perhaps take in another wine sample at one of the tasting rooms on the square (tastings during free time are at your own expense).
Afterward, continue your tour to your second and third wineries in Sonoma County or Napa County for more tastings. Total time at each winery is about one hour, and you’ll have the chance to taste five to 10 wines of different varietals, from white to red to sparkling. Tasting fees are included, and you may purchase bottles to take home, if you wish. See below for a sample of wineries you may visit.
Your day trip ends with the drive back across the Golden Gate Bridge. Admire views of the vast Pacific and the rugged coastline before hotel drop-off.
- Madonna Estate Winery: Discover four generations of winemaking by the Bartolucci family at dry-farmed vineyards producing a variety of organic, hand-crafted wines.
- Cline Cellars: This classic, family-owned winery specializes in Rhone varietals and sources fruit from Sonoma Valley and Contra Costa County.
- Mayo Family Winery: Founded in 1993, single vineyards produce the highest quality and enjoyable wines.
Roman was an excellent and animated tour guide! He truly made our San Francisco experience amazing. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable, he was so much fun to tour with! I recommend this 2 for 1 tour to anyone visiting the area. Ask for Roman and make sure you have cash to tip him!
The tour was wonderful. Anthony our tour guide was great he was very informative and made the trip special. We really enjoyed the Mayo winery, it had a nice family feeling. Thanks for the great day!
Roman was the best! I wish we could have spent more time at the winery's. We would rather have gone to two rather than three and spent more time at each.
The tour was great. We were able to see Muir Woods and go to three wineries. our tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Would highly recommend this tour.
The tour guide Roman was great! He made the drive to and from both locations very entertaining he made my wife and I laugh on multiple occasions, and educational he knew a lot of interesting information!. The locations we visited were great as well. We had plenty of time at Sonoma Town Square for lunch due to being extremely on time the rest of the day. I only had 3 days in San Francisco, and this was a great way to experience a lot, in a single day. Highly recommend.
Our tourguide made this adventure everything is was. His light-hearted banter was fun and informative. We got lots of great details about things, but not too much. Given a choice between renting a car and going on my own, or taking another Viator tour I would pick Viator EVERY time!
the driver is a real entertainer, the trip is beautiful and interesting.
Guide Anthony was great, went to some small wineries which we enjoyed. Muir woods was amazing
This was easily the BEST tour/adventure we did while we were in California! Sadly, I can't remember our tour guide's name he was German! but he was hilarious, entertaining, and informative. This tour took us to Muir Woods beautiful ride but I can see how some might get motion sickness on the way! and then Napa and Sonoma. The wineries were smaller but everyone was friendly and very welcoming, especially of people like us not wine snobs/newbies/we had no idea what we were doing. I would hands down recommend this tour to anyone. I would even do it again!
Our tour guide, Roman made this trip so memorable. He was so knowledgeable, funny and had such great energy!!! It was a rainy, cold day and we hardly even noticed. The 9 hours flew by. Highly recommend!!!
$127.95 Save $22.95