Combine San Francisco's top two half-day trips into one for an unbeatable price! Save 17% compared to booking two tours separately.
- Full-day trip to the Northern California wine country and Muir Woods National Monument, combined at one great price
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees on easy walking paths
- Tour Napa and Sonoma wineries and try up to 10 wines at each
- Enjoy a complimentary sparking wine toast, and explore Sonoma Plaza at your leisure
- Take a scenic drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and hear expert commentary from a guide
- Pickup and drop-off from selected San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees included!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Mark off two Northern California top attractions on this comprehensive day trip to the Sonoma and Napa wine country, with a stroll through not-to-be-missed Muir Woods en route. You'll reach the redwoods before the crowds, maximizing your time in the park.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The MadonnaPhoto by: ncuenca2
USA, 07 2013
- Great photo op before ...Photo by: Bruce R
USA, 06 2013
- This is our bus...Photo by: Parin S
- Napa ValleyPhoto by: Dawn B
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Dawn B
- Muir Woods Napa Winery TourPhoto by: Dawn B
- Big Trees Big FunPhoto by: Jamie P
- red red winePhoto by: Natalia V
- Picturesque wine countryPhoto by: Natalia V
- Impressive giant trees in ...Photo by: Natalia V
- VinedosPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- BelloPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Jeronimo J
- muir moodsPhoto by: Yanghsin L
- Cline CellarsPhoto by: David M
- Jacuzzi VineyardsPhoto by: David M
- Glass of whitePhoto by: Melody P
- Lunch!Photo by: Melody P
- Wine at Mayo vineyards!Photo by: Melody P
What You Can Expect
Hotel pickup in San Francisco starts early for the drive north across the Golden Gate Bridge, meaning you’ll reach Muir Woods before many other tours arrive. On your way out of the city, see the Palace of Fine Arts and the Presidio.
Muir Woods National Monument is home to a pristine forest of California coastal redwoods, which are some of the planet’s tallest and oldest trees with heights that can reach 250 feet (76 meters). You have about one hour here to wander through the grove of trees with your guide, who will tell you about the local vegetation and wildlife along the nature trail while you walk over mossy streams. Then return to the tour vehicle for the drive further north into wine country.
Wine country tour:
When you reach your first winery in Sonoma County’s Carneros region, you can explore the grounds, enjoy photo ops of the vineyard and sample a variety of wines in a welcoming atmosphere. You then have an hour of free time in the town of Sonoma to buy lunch on the plaza (own expense), shop in the boutiques or perhaps take in another wine sample at one of the tasting rooms on the square (tastings during free time are at your own expense).
Afterward, continue your tour to your second and third wineries in Sonoma County or Napa County for more tastings. Total time at each winery is about one hour, and you’ll have the chance to taste five to 10 wines of different varietals, from white to red to sparkling. Tasting fees are included, and you may purchase bottles to take home, if you wish. See below for a sample of wineries you may visit.
Your day trip ends with the drive back across the Golden Gate Bridge. Admire views of the vast Pacific and the rugged coastline before hotel drop-off.
- Madonna Estate Winery: Discover four generations of winemaking by the Bartolucci family at dry-farmed vineyards producing a variety of organic, hand-crafted wines.
- Cline Cellars: This classic, family-owned winery specializes in Rhone varietals and sources fruit from Sonoma Valley and Contra Costa County.
- Mayo Family Winery: Founded in 1993, single vineyards produce the highest quality and enjoyable wines.
Awesome. Roman is the best guide. He made the trip entertaining, punctual, educational and hilarious. Great time!
Amazing trip with the German driver Roman. He made the trip so fun and interesting!!! Highly recommend!
Great day tour visiting Muir Woods and wine country - very affordable!
Another wonderful tour! Our guide was fun and informative. Muir Woods was beautiful and the wineries were outstanding!
This tour was fantastic! We planned a girls weekend in San Fran and wanted to include wine tours. The 3 wineries were delicious. Muir Woods was gorgeous and so peaceful. But what made the tour even better was our driver Romon. He was funny, informative and extremely personable. Highly recommend him!
This tour was amazing!
Wow... It was one of the best tours we had in San Francisco. We had a lot of fun and insights. Roman was the best tour guide...!!!
Both tour and tour guide were so amazing! The tour to the woods was beautiful and the wineries visited were charming and the wine was delicious.
The tour was the highlight of our trip to San Francisco. We were fortunate to have Roman as our tour guide and enjoyed all of the information he shared with us, his passion for the Bay area and his very entertaining presentation.
Muir Woods was stunning, 1 hour there was plenty of time to see the trees. We did Yosemite too and the trees here were better than the sequoias we saw there, although overall trip at Yosemite was fabulous. But if you want to see trees, this is better. we left the group there as we were hungover from a private wine tour we did the night before! Guide helped us find a bus to Sausalito and we had a lovely afternoon there and the ferry back to San francisco helped the hangover!
$127.95 Save $22.95