- Full-day trip to the Northern California wine country and Muir Woods National Monument, combined at one great price
- Explore the giant redwood sequoia trees on easy walking paths
- Tour Napa and Sonoma wineries and try up to 10 wines at each
- Enjoy a complimentary sparking wine toast, and explore Sonoma Plaza at your leisure
- Take a scenic drive over the Golden Gate Bridge and hear expert commentary from a guide
- Pickup and drop-off from selected San Francisco hotels
- Wine tasting fees included!
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Mark off two Northern California top attractions on this comprehensive day trip to the Sonoma and Napa wine country, with a stroll through not-to-be-missed Muir Woods en route. You'll reach the redwoods before the crowds, maximizing your time in the park.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- The MadonnaPhoto by: ncuenca2
USA, 07 2013
- Great photo op before ...Photo by: Bruce R
USA, 06 2013
- Big Trees Big FunPhoto by: Jamie P
- red red winePhoto by: Natalia V
- Picturesque wine countryPhoto by: Natalia V
- Impressive giant trees in ...Photo by: Natalia V
- VinedosPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- BelloPhoto by: yohanaproenza
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Jeronimo J
- muir moodsPhoto by: Yanghsin L
- Cline CellarsPhoto by: David M
- Jacuzzi VineyardsPhoto by: David M
- Glass of whitePhoto by: Melody P
- Lunch!Photo by: Melody P
- Wine at Mayo vineyards!Photo by: Melody P
- Muir woodsPhoto by: Melody P
- Extranomical Tours Pic.jpgPhoto by: Lisa
USA, 03 2015
- Muir WoodsPhoto by: Matthew J G
- IMG_1075Photo by: Matthew J G
What You Can Expect
Hotel pickup in San Francisco starts early for the drive north across the Golden Gate Bridge, meaning you’ll reach Muir Woods before many other tours arrive. On your way out of the city, see the Palace of Fine Arts and the Presidio.
Muir Woods National Monument is home to a pristine forest of California coastal redwoods, which are some of the planet’s tallest and oldest trees with heights that can reach 250 feet (76 meters). You have about one hour here to wander through the grove of trees with your guide, who will tell you about the local vegetation and wildlife along the nature trail while you walk over mossy streams. Then return to the tour vehicle for the drive further north into wine country.
Wine country tour:
When you reach your first winery in Sonoma County’s Carneros region, you can explore the grounds, enjoy photo ops of the vineyard and sample a variety of wines in a welcoming atmosphere. You then have an hour of free time in the town of Sonoma to buy lunch on the plaza (own expense), shop in the boutiques or perhaps take in another wine sample at one of the tasting rooms on the square (tastings during free time are at your own expense).
Afterward, continue your tour to your second and third wineries in Sonoma County or Napa County for more tastings. Total time at each winery is about one hour, and you’ll have the chance to taste five to 10 wines of different varietals, from white to red to sparkling. Tasting fees are included, and you may purchase bottles to take home, if you wish. See below for a sample of wineries you may visit.
Your day trip ends with the drive back across the Golden Gate Bridge. Admire views of the vast Pacific and the rugged coastline before hotel drop-off.
- Madonna Estate Winery: Discover four generations of winemaking by the Bartolucci family at dry-farmed vineyards producing a variety of organic, hand-crafted wines.
- Cline Cellars: This classic, family-owned winery specializes in Rhone varietals and sources fruit from Sonoma Valley and Contra Costa County.
- Mayo Family Winery: Founded in 1993, single vineyards produce the highest quality and enjoyable wines.
Was excellent but what made it special was the tour guide. He was informative, funny, and efficient in managing the group. He was maybe the best tour guide we have ever experienced.
We had a great guide, and really got the most of a beautiful day. Golden Gate for pictures, Muir Woods, a tasting room in Sonoma, lunch on your own in Sonoma, a winery in Napa, and one more winery in Napa before heading back. Madonna Estates was my favorite - lovely wine, but also very informative and educational!
Wonderful trip. My friend and I had a great time in the forest and at the vineyards.
Great day! Our tour guide was professional, informative, and fun (Roman). I especially liked how he kept us on schedule to avoid excessive crowds. Definitely a great way to see two awesome sites in one day!!
Our tour guide Antony was very entertaining and informative. He was great with keeping us on schedule.
Loved our tour! Roman, our tour guide was fantastic! Great energy, entertaining and informative. Thanks for a great experience!
This tour was excellent. Picked it for the hotel pick-up and early arrival at Muir Woods, and both were certainly great perks, but our tour guide was amazing and really made this tour so much fun. He was hilarious and full of interesting information about the redwoods and wineries. I most definitely recommend this tour for anyone looking to make the most of a day outside of San Fran.
Antony was great!
Really good tour with Lars. Great mix of the countryside and wine tasting, all which were excellent. Lars was an excellent guide and would thoroughly recommend the tour to anyone
Fabulous trip loved San Fran and all the things we did. This tour was well worth the price. Our driver was very informative and helpful. Will highly recommend it to others. The perfect way to do a wine tour have a few road pops and not worry about driving.
$127.95 Save $22.95