- Evening Segway tour of Chinatown, North Beach and the Embarcadero
- Glide along the streets of San Francisco for 2.5 hours, accompanied by a guide
- Cruise through the lantern-lit streets of Chinatown and discover hidden alleys
- Stop for photos in front of the historic fleet of ships berthed at Hyde Street Pier
- Check out a light installation that makes the Bay Bridge glitter
- Helmet and safety vests provided; jackets and gloves available
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Try a new, fun way of sightseeing on an evening Segway tour of the city. On a Segway, you can cover more ground and see more of San Francisco's charming neighborhoods, with the intimacy and interaction you expect to get on a small walking tour.
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Depart from Beach Street to head up to North Beach, or what locals consider the city’s Little Italy. The streets are flanked by bustling Italian restaurants, with the scent of authentic warm dishes wafting from the doorways. Imagine the Beat poets and artists who once roamed the neighborhood as your guide shares history about the counterculture movement at Washington Square Park by Saints Peter and Paul Church.
Cruise over to nearby Chinatown, one of the city’s oldest neighborhoods. Along the lantern-lit streets, peer into dim sum houses, admire temples and appreciate souvenirs that dangle from windows and spill over display tables. If you visit in mid-winter, expect to see festive decorations in honor of the Chinese New Year.
From Chinatown, head east toward the waterfront to take in the Bay Bridge, which appears to be dressed in tinsel; it’s actually a light sculpture known as Bay Lights. Continue along the Embarcadero past the Ferry Building to Fisherman’s Wharf for a look at the historic piers and harbors. Enjoy nighttime views of Alcatraz and Fisherman's Wharf before ending your Segway tour at the start point.
The best tour I've ever taken in San Francisco. The training and support provided by the staff made learning the segway no problem. This is a must do and I can't wait to try out the other segway tours around the bay.