- Skip-the-line admission to the California Academy of Sciences, the largest public ‘green’ building in the United States
- Choose between two 1-hour, behind-the-scenes tours
- On the Academy Tour, learn about the museum’s science research and visit a working lab
- On the Aquarium Tour, learn about the museum’s 38,000 animals and visit the food-prep kitchen
- Receive a reserved seat at Morrison Planetarium, the largest digital planetarium in the world
- Receive an express entry to Rainforests of the World
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people ensures an intimate experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
A cool treat for science and animal lovers of all ages! Learn more about this impressive museum from the scientists and staff that are its lifeblood. See the museum exhibits on your own before or after the tour -- it's pretty awesome skipping the lines at each attraction with your VIP ticket!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- FishPhoto by: Anonymous
- GuidePhoto by: Anonymous
- CrystalPhoto by: Anonymous
- More SpecimensPhoto by: Anonymous
- Behind the ScenesPhoto by: Anonymous
- Looking at the roofPhoto by: Anonymous
- SpecimensPhoto by: Anonymous
- Living RoofPhoto by: Anonymous
- T-RexPhoto by: Anonymous
- Albino CrocPhoto by: Anonymous
- Entrance SignPhoto by: Anonymous
- PenguinsPhoto by: Anonymous
- Learning the Water Filtration ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Claude, the Albino AlligatorPhoto by: Anonymous
- The Living RoofPhoto by: Anonymous
- More Gems!Photo by: Anonymous
- Interacting with a ScientistPhoto by: Anonymous
- SpiderPhoto by: Anonymous
- Behind the Scenes at the ...Photo by: Anonymous
- Inside the RainforestPhoto by: Anonymous
What You Can Expect
On this insider-access tour, explore the ‘world’s greenest museum’ from a science and research perspective. With your museum guide, learn about the institution's 159-year history and how its scientists are tackling critical questions about life on Earth. Visit the research collections and a working laboratory, get closer to the living roof, and see breathtaking geology specimens in the vault.
With this option, learn about the history of Steinhart Aquarium and how biologists care for the 38,000 animals – including butterflies, fish, penguins and even an albino alligator – that live in the building. Visit the food-prep kitchen and see the complex water filtration system.
Both options include general admission to the museum, so you can visit all of the exhibits at your leisure before or after your tour. You’ll also receive a reserved seat at Morrison Planetarium and express entrance to Rainforests of the World, a 4-story rainforest exhibit that takes you through many of the planet’s eco-systems.
This was great value for money. No queuing and a very interesting and informative tour behind the scenes! The only way to do it with a Skip the line, behind the scenes tour ticket! Thank you
Enjoyed the day!! Was delayed from getting the appropriate tickets which required us waiting for approx. 15 minutes because our name was not on their list! Once that was cleared up they requested we wait to speak with a Manager. Were told this happens with Viator your system not communicating with theirs in a timely manner After another 15 minutes, when he arrived, he had no clue as to why they asked us to wait for him! A real time waste not only once but twice. He ended up being our tour guide and did an excellent job! The rest of the day was awesome!!
Very interesting and my son enjoyed it immensely.
The behind the scenes tour of the aquarium was interesting, informative, and delightful. The tour guide was full of information and the details included in the tour added to the overall experience. What really made the difference was the skip the line feature! We were whisked into the main attractions immediately by the skip the line feature easily savings us hours of waiting for an attraction. We visited on a very busy day, but even on slow days, this feature was worth every penny! BRAVO!!
A hidden gem. A great museum and experience
The tour itself was fabulous, however somehow I was not signed up for the tour and had to rebook in person when I got there. The staff at the Academy were able to overcome this problem.
Would recommend this touw to all who go to the museums in the San Francisco area. They tell you so much information behind the scenes and you are up close and personal with the workings of the museum.
Outstanding adventure.. now addicted to segway tours. tour guide was the best
We have been to the Academy before but the "behind scene tour" made it very special. Our grandson and his friend (both 14) voted it the best thing we did.