- Guided walking tour through the Castro neighborhood
- Learn about the history and culture of San Francisco
- Twin Peaks Tavern, Castro Theatre and the colorful murals of the Castro
- Walk by Harvey Milk's former residence and camera shop, the Harvey Milk Plaza and the Civil Rights Academy
- See the Rainbow Honor Walk Project, the Pink Triangle Memorial Park, and The Leonard Matlovich Vietnam Vet Plaque
- Visit the Hope for World Cure Mural and the AIDS Quilt Names Projects original site
- Informative narrative from your local guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Castro TheaterPhoto by: Marc M
- Castro street rainbowsPhoto by: Marc M
- Pink Triangle ParkPhoto by: Frank D
- Served w Pride.JPGPhoto by: Anonymous
- Castro St - HOT cookie.JPGPhoto by: Anonymous
- HM Plaza Full.jpgPhoto by: Anonymous
- The Sisters of Perpetual ...Photo by: Anonymous
- US Rainbow & HRC Flags.JPGPhoto by: Anonymous
- 19th Street.JPGPhoto by: Anonymous
- McCormick House w Roses.JPGPhoto by: Anonymous
- Flag & Roses.JPGPhoto by: Anonymous
- Castro Memorial Wall, SFPhoto by: Jeanelle C
- Castro - FlagPhoto by: Jeanelle C
What You Can Expect
We had a wonderful time and our guide Kathy was so knowledgable and friendly. She made us feel at home and you could tell that she had a passion for the Castro district. People were so friendly I want to come back. A great tour. See you soon!! X
One of the highlights of our San Francisco trip, we learnt so much and were so moved by this tour
Our tour guide was Kathy Amendola, and she was absolutely fantastic. She was knowledgable, warm, patient, and had a cute sense of humour. She is extremely familiar with the area in its' entirety, and was great at taking questions on the fly. This was not my first trip to San Francisco or the Castro area, but it was my first time taking a tour of this type and I would highly recommend it to others who are interested in learning more about the history behind this well-known gay and lesbian district :
Kathy was great and very willing to answer questions.
This was so interesting to see how this community has evolved. I really liked that it was a walking tour. Our tour guide was very knowledgable about the gay and lesbian community. I would reccomend this tour to anyone. I also would like to not none of us that took the tour are gay or lesiban just wanted to know everything about the city. We thought this was a great way to understand San Francisco and we were not disappointed.
our lead was knowledgeable and entertaining. well worth the money and time.
Awesome. A real amazing tour of history and information. Kathy has a wealth of knowledge and a lovely personality. We could have listened to her all day long. The tour really gave an insight into the Harvey Milk story and the history of the Castro. Prob the best your we experienced on our trip
Much more emotional than expected our guide, Kathy Amendelo was excellent.
very interesting and moving tour! I would highly recommend!
Kathy did an amazing job with our tour in April. I enjoyed the detailed history she provided about San Francisco's LGBT community. It was truly enjoyable!!