- Early-access admission ticket to California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco — a Viator Exclusive
- Walk into the Academy an hour before it opens to the general public
- Enter the world's largest all-digital planetarium for an astronaut's view of Earth
- Admire thousands of colorful fish and exotic marine life in the aquarium
- Step inside the 4-story rainforest for an up-close look at frogs, chameleons, birds and butterflies
- Visit the natural history museum and make friends with a colony of South African penguins
- This one-time early-access entry cannot be booked anywhere else!
What You Can Expect
Relive two of the city's most intense quakes at the popular Earthquake Exhibit. Immerse yourself in the updated Shake House and experience the tremors firsthand in the dining room of a classic Victorian-era home.
Prepare to be amazed as you discover facts about the planet and its diverse biology and ecology. Start your journey with a liftoff from planet Earth and a jaw-dropping ride to the corners of the universe at the Morrison Planetarium, the world’s largest all-digital planetarium.
Then, explore the colorful underwater world at the Steinhart Aquarium, home to 38,000 live animals from around the world. A diver will descend into the tank and introduce you to the world's deepest living coral reef exhibit, featuring more than 900 species.
Stop by the African Penguin colony to greet Pierre, Howard, Ocio and the rest of the friendly, playful penguins. Marine biologists will answer your questions while feeding and caring for them.
Don’t miss the famed albino alligator! Join in on the Swamp Talk to learn about what it takes to care for these creatures, natives to swamps in the southeastern United States.
Enter the 4-story rainforest, contained within a spectacular 90-foot (27-meter) diameter glass dome. It's the largest spherical rainforest exhibit in the world and is home to 1,600 live animals, including free-flying birds and butterflies, exotic reptiles and bats.
Don't leave without a visit to the Kimball Natural History Museum, whose exhibits focus on the evolution and maintenance of life on Earth, drawing on the Academy's 150 years of research.
Mon - Sun: 10:30am - 4:30pm
Coral Reef Dives
Daily at 11:30am and 2:30pm
Daily at 3pm
Daily at 3:30pm
Viator Exclusives combine unique experiences and great deals — from traditional tours to once-in-a-lifetime experiences — and are not available from other 3rd party online sellers.