- Early-bird ferry to Alcatraz and exclusive cable car sightseeing tour
- Experience San Francisco like a VIP insider with this Viator tour, available nowhere else!
- Beat the crowds and be the first to Alcatraz for a fascinating award-winning audio tour
- Admire fantastic city views aboard a cable car bus, a converted cable car with wheels for mobility
- Snap photos of Chinatown and North Beach, and cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- Enjoy lunch from the famous Boudin Bakery
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Getting on one of the first ferries out to Alcatraz is the ideal way to explore the infamous prison – it is so quiet out there, and you arrive before the large tour groups. Plus, sightseeing around San Francisco on a converted classic cable car is a really amazing experience!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Me and the Wife taking a ...Photo by: Ian F
- Chilli day at Fort Point!Photo by: Araceli M
- Fun on a Trolley Bus at the ...Photo by: Nicholas D
- Cable carPhoto by: CHRISTINE G
- Cable Car TourPhoto by: Christine B
- Under the bridgePhoto by: Jose N
- AlcatrazPhoto by: Jose N
- Breaking for lunchPhoto by: Jose N
- Alcatrz FerryPhoto by: Helen S
- golden gatePhoto by: Jose B
Philippines, 02 2016
- AlcatrazPhoto by: Donald N
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Donald N
- Our personal trolleyPhoto by: Donald N
- GOLDEN GATEPhoto by: Kevin O
- INSIDE ALCATRAZPhoto by: Kevin O
- Best ViewPhoto by: brian c
United States of America, 12 2015
- Me getting ready for the ...Photo by: Timothy S
- Cell BlockPhoto by: Timothy C
- Golden Gate Bridge with ...Photo by: Nancy F
- ARTUROPhoto by: Elizabeth O
What You Can Expect
Drive through North Beach and Chinatown, enjoying a light breakfast as you make your way to Pier 33 to board an early ferry to Alcatraz. This priority ferry provides admission to the island prison before most other visitors are allowed, so you can enjoy a more tranquil experience. When you arrive, tour the cellblock and other areas independently using the award-winning audio guide, which includes commentary from former inmates and guards. Learn what life was like inside the jail cells of notorious criminals like Al Capone.
When you return to San Francisco, get back on the cable car with your guide to continue your city tour. You’ll receive a boxed lunch on board from Bodin Bakery, a renowned city eatery known for its sourdough; while you eat, cruise up and down the hills to admire views of Victorian homes and the bay. Then cross the Golden Gate Bridge and make a stop for photos at Vista Point.
End your tour with the ride back to Union Square, where you’ll be dropped off to continue your day at your leisure.
Amazing tour. Art was very knowledgeable about San Francisco. A must-do for anyone visiting the city.
Worth every penny! And more!!!
This tour was amazing!
So, so pleased with this trip. We had Jamie as our driver and she was absolutely excellent. We met at Union Square at about 7.30am and were given a cereal bar whilst we started our sightseeing trip. Jamie was really funny and obviously extremely knowledgeable about the area. She dropped us at the Alactraz dock ready for us to catch the ferry about 9am. The ferry crossing was great, as was the audio tour of Alcatraz. As it was early in the day it wasn't too busy. It's such an interesting place with such fabulous views of the city. After the ferry crossing back to dock we met up with Jamie. She drove us down towards Pier 39 and we stopped to have a delicious lunch from Boudin bakery. She then took us over to the Golden Gate Bridge, lots of photo opportunities, then back to Union Square for about 3pm. It was a fantastic day and would highly recommend it to everyone
Our tour guide Jamie Jauffred was absolutely incredible! She made the entire day so much fun and I absolutely loved her attitude! I will definitely do this tour again and will make sure that Jamie is my tour guide!
Great tour had a wonderful tour guide Artorio loves his job and showing the sights of his city.New a lot about San Francisco and had a great personality.
The driver was excellent and although she was not a native Californian she was a wealth of knowledge of her adopted city and state it was enjoyable experience
Nous avons passé une excellente journée. Le tour de San Francisco en cable car nous a permis d'avoir un aperçu très complet de la ville. Nous sommes passé sur le Golden Gate et les arrêts photo nous ont permis de prendre de beaux clichés de chaque côté du pont. La visite d'Alcatraz est très intéressante. Dés la sortie du bateau commencer la visite et récupérer l'audio guide. Les commentaires en français sont très intéressants. Le chauffeur très sympathique a commenté la visite tout le long du trajet mais lorsqu'on ne maitrise pas bien la langue c'est parfois un peu difficile.
I hope I spell her name correctly. Jamie and Betsy were AWESOME. I was worried my husband might be bored because of how long the tour was going to be however, we both had a great time. Jamie was very informative, helpful, enthusiastic, and accomodating. If anyone is considering this tour through Viator, you will not regret it. You get your money's worth and see a lot of San Francisco, besides Alcatraz, that you would normally not get to see on your own. We will be booking through Viator again.
We were the first to get on the Island as promised. It was not crowed and we could see everything. The tour guide was very informative and knew the city well. Great personality