- Early-bird ferry to Alcatraz and exclusive cable car sightseeing tour
- Experience San Francisco like a VIP insider with this Viator tour, available nowhere else!
- Beat the crowds and be the first to Alcatraz for a fascinating award-winning audio tour
- Admire fantastic city views aboard a cable car bus, a converted cable car with wheels for mobility
- Snap photos of Chinatown and North Beach, and cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- Enjoy lunch from the famous Boudin Bakery
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Getting on one of the first ferries out to Alcatraz is the ideal way to explore the infamous prison – it is so quiet out there, and you arrive before the large tour groups. Plus, sightseeing around San Francisco on a converted classic cable car is a really amazing experience!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Me and the Wife taking a ...Photo by: Ian F
- Chilli day at Fort Point!Photo by: Araceli M
- Fun on a Trolley Bus at the ...Photo by: Nicholas D
- Cable carPhoto by: CHRISTINE G
- Cable Car TourPhoto by: Christine B
- Alcatrz FerryPhoto by: Helen S
- golden gatePhoto by: Jose B
Philippines, 02 2016
- AlcatrazPhoto by: Donald N
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Donald N
- Our personal trolleyPhoto by: Donald N
- GOLDEN GATEPhoto by: Kevin O
- INSIDE ALCATRAZPhoto by: Kevin O
- Best ViewPhoto by: brian c
United States of America, 12 2015
- Me getting ready for the ...Photo by: Timothy S
- Cell BlockPhoto by: Timothy C
- Golden Gate Bridge with ...Photo by: Nancy F
- ARTUROPhoto by: Elizabeth O
- usPhoto by: Elizabeth O
- fun with guidePhoto by: Elizabeth O
- under the GG bridgePhoto by: Elizabeth O
What You Can Expect
Drive through North Beach and Chinatown, enjoying a light breakfast as you make your way to Pier 33 to board an early ferry to Alcatraz. This priority ferry provides admission to the island prison before most other visitors are allowed, so you can enjoy a more tranquil experience. When you arrive, tour the cellblock and other areas independently using the award-winning audio guide, which includes commentary from former inmates and guards. Learn what life was like inside the jail cells of notorious criminals like Al Capone.
When you return to San Francisco, get back on the cable car with your guide to continue your city tour. You’ll receive a boxed lunch on board from Bodin Bakery, a renowned city eatery known for its sourdough; while you eat, cruise up and down the hills to admire views of Victorian homes and the bay. Then cross the Golden Gate Bridge and make a stop for photos at Vista Point.
End your tour with the ride back to Union Square, where you’ll be dropped off to continue your day at your leisure.
Arturo was the best! Enjoyed the entire tour.
Loved this tour! Our tour guide, Arturo, was fantastic as was the sights he showed us. Getting to Alcatraz Island early gave us amply time to explore without the crowds. The rest of the tour was just great. We crossed the Golden Gate Bridge, stopped for photo ops and generally had a great day. One caution, the open-air bus is very windy, so hair needs to be tied back and having jackets handy will make the tour a little more enjoyable.
Had a great day, very informative tour, tour guide think her name was Jenny was brilliant! I would!d certainly recommend this VIP tour. Would advise though, anyone with walking difficulties would struggle as some steep climbs lots of steps some waiting around in lines which h may be a problem. Otherwise a very good day worth the money! Sue and Barb from U.K.
One of the highlights of our recent holiday is San Francisco. Arturo was very friendly, passionate, funny and informative. He showed some of the vantage points for some great photo stops. Being able to get over to Alcatraz on one of the first ferry trips is a real bonus before being too crowded. Worth the extra money. Yummy lunch and plenty of refreshments to help yourself to.
Altruro was such a great guide. He showed us so many interesting parts of SF that after the tour we went to. I would highly recommend.
This tour was well worth the money. Our tour started out with a ride on an Cable car bus. Arturo our driver was a local guy, very knowledgeable, with a great sense of humor. The bus tour of the city was great because this was our 2nd day there and it gave us a great overview of all the different districts of the city. The VIP access of Alcatraz was also nice because we were the first group on the island thus we did not get stuck in a lot of the traffic. Great tour and a must do. I would recommend this for anyone who is new to the city.
Thank you so much to Arturo for this fabulous trip. We saw parts of San Fransciso that we would not have visited otherwise, with plenty time for pictures and great commentary and history along the way. The Boudin bakery lunch was delicious and the tips for Alcatraz really made the experinece. Thank you Arturo. A must do for those with limited time in the city. What a day!
wow, one of the best tours we have ever been on. The headphones were a huge improvement over a guide, and directing you to the specific areas a plus. That and hearing the comments from actual guards and inmates. One that we will truly remember!!
Arturo was awesome! So great to have a native San Franciscan who loves his city to tour us around! Highly recommend this tour!
Jill and Emily from Chicago
Our driver Jamie made us feel so welcome and was so cheerful and informative I can honestly say it was the best tour that I have ever been on.