- Early-bird ferry to Alcatraz and exclusive cable car sightseeing tour
- Experience San Francisco like a VIP insider with this Viator tour, available nowhere else!
- Beat the crowds and be the first to Alcatraz for a fascinating award-winning audio tour
- Admire fantastic city views aboard a cable car bus, a converted cable car with wheels for mobility
- Snap photos of Chinatown and North Beach, and cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge
- Enjoy lunch from the famous Boudin Bakery
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Getting on one of the first ferries out to Alcatraz is the ideal way to explore the infamous prison – it is so quiet out there, and you arrive before the large tour groups. Plus, sightseeing around San Francisco on a converted classic cable car is a really amazing experience!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Me and the Wife taking a ...Photo by: Ian F
- Chilli day at Fort Point!Photo by: Araceli M
- Fun on a Trolley Bus at the ...Photo by: Nicholas D
- Cable carPhoto by: CHRISTINE G
- Cable Car TourPhoto by: Christine B
- golden gatePhoto by: Jose B
Philippines, 02 2016
- AlcatrazPhoto by: Donald N
- Golden Gate BridgePhoto by: Donald N
- Our personal trolleyPhoto by: Donald N
- GOLDEN GATEPhoto by: Kevin O
- INSIDE ALCATRAZPhoto by: Kevin O
- Best ViewPhoto by: brian c
United States of America, 12 2015
- Me getting ready for the ...Photo by: Timothy S
- Cell BlockPhoto by: Timothy C
- Golden Gate Bridge with ...Photo by: Nancy F
- ARTUROPhoto by: Elizabeth O
- usPhoto by: Elizabeth O
- fun with guidePhoto by: Elizabeth O
- under the GG bridgePhoto by: Elizabeth O
- SanfranbayPhoto by: Ian F
What You Can Expect
Drive through North Beach and Chinatown, enjoying a light breakfast as you make your way to Pier 33 to board an early ferry to Alcatraz. This priority ferry provides admission to the island prison before most other visitors are allowed, so you can enjoy a more tranquil experience. When you arrive, tour the cellblock and other areas independently using the award-winning audio guide, which includes commentary from former inmates and guards. Learn what life was like inside the jail cells of notorious criminals like Al Capone.
When you return to San Francisco, get back on the cable car with your guide to continue your city tour. You’ll receive a boxed lunch on board from Bodin Bakery, a renowned city eatery known for its sourdough; while you eat, cruise up and down the hills to admire views of Victorian homes and the bay. Then cross the Golden Gate Bridge and make a stop for photos at Vista Point.
End your tour with the ride back to Union Square, where you’ll be dropped off to continue your day at your leisure.
We loved this tour. The audio commentary was the best we have experienced.
Arturo was an amazing tour guide. Would definitely recommend this tour and would definitely take my visitors on it again. Thank you Arturo for being so friendly with my kids and I!
Arturo was our guy. Had lots of info to share. Enjoyed our trip to Alcatraz. Doing it first thing was the only way to see it. We had a perfect day for viewing the Golden Gate Bridge.
Really great for all ages 6 to 80
Tour was great! Great way to see SF!
Excellent! Our guide was superb and gave us a marvellous experience. We did this on our second day of a 5 day stay and he introduced us to the city in the best way possible. He took us to the best spots to get the most amazing photos of the Golden Gate Bridge and other landmarks. Arturo's love of the city, his knowledge and above all his superb people skills all combine to make this an extraordinary experience - don't miss it!
Jamie was a fantastic tour guide and took us to many places in the city we would not have seen without her. This was the perfect tour for our entire family. We highly recommend doing this tour at the beginning of your trip to get a good overview of the city.
Jami was awesome!
Great especialy the agent or driver. Very funny , very helpfull and exceed expectation. This was the best tour of the whole vacation and she made the dfference.
Good trip, sandwich lunch
Good trip. not quite what I expected having to queue for the boat to Alcatraz. Alcatraz was wonderful. The guide our driver was excellent and went out of his way to make the trip enjoyable. Loved the visit to Fort Point lovely scenery and the lunch was good.