- Day trip to Muir Woods National Monument and the Sonoma Valley from San Francisco
- Hike the trails and check out the visitors center at Muir Woods National Monument
- Enjoy views of the San Francisco Bay, Alcatraz, and the Marin Headlands on relaxing round-trip transport
- Tempt your palate with wine and cheese samples at wineries and shops in Sonoma County
- Complimentary hotel pickup and return from your downtown San Francisco and Fisherman's Wharf hotels
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Get some of the best of Northern California in one day: San Francisco sights, ancient redwoods, and renowned wines.
What You Can Expect
The sights, sounds, and smells of this living museum are sure to reconnect you with a natural world that was almost lost. During your visit, wander along woodsy trails flanked by the ancient redwoods that stand 250 feet tall (76 m). Tread carefully, you might even encounter a crossing banana slug as it oozes to its next destination in an old trunk or among the sword ferns.
The group will reunite before noon and travel to wine country, where you'll spend the afternoon sampling fine Sonoma County wines. Taste a variety of white, red, and dessert wines at wineries such as Homewood, Cline Cellars, and Benziger Family, among others (tasting fees may apply).
Stop for lunch either at a winery or in the historic Sonoma town square. And what's a little wine without cheese? If you head to the town square, you can sample cheeses at Sonoma Jack's Cheese Factory, visit Mission San Francisco de Solano, and peruse the boutique shops along the quaint streets.
On the way back, make a stop at the Golden Gate Bridge for an awe-inspiring view of San Francisco from the Marin Headlands. The tour will end with a hotel drop-off at around 6pm.