- Overnight trip to Yosemite National Park from San Francisco including a stay at a luxury hotel
- Take a scenic drive through the Sierra Nevada mountains on the way to Yosemite
- Learn all about the history and geology of Yosemite National Park from an informative guide
- Enjoy plenty of free time to experience Yosemite's many viewpoints and activities on your own
- Stay at the chic Ahwahnee Hotel and take in gorgeous views of Yosemite
- Make use of a hotel pickup and drop-off service from San Francisco
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Drop your luggage off at the Ahwahnee Hotel, where the likes of Queen Elizabeth II and John F Kennedy have stayed, before enjoying the rest of the day to explore on your own. Explore the informative exhibits at Yosemite's visitor center and use the park tram to reach various scenic overlooks. Admire the massive granite face of Half Dome, hike to waterfalls, or go rafting on the Merced River. You can also use your free time to look out for the park's legendary wildlife including black-tailed deer, marmots, golden eagles and black bears.
And it's totally acceptable to find yourself lounging around the Ahwahnee all day, too. Built in the 1920s to accommodate affluent travelers, this National Historic Landmark offers luxurious amenities and swoonworthy views of the park's biggest rock stars: Half Dome, Yosemite Falls and Glacier Point. If you want to know more about the resort's history, check to see if a guided tour of the grounds is offered the day of your visit.
Whether you hit the trails or the spa, reward yourself after a long day with dinner in the grandiose dining room at Ahwahnee Hotel or nearby village eateries. Afterward, retire to your 4-star room to enjoy historic elegance and those all-important modern amenities after a long day out in nature.
Continue to discover Yosemite on your own the following morning and early afternoon. Enjoy breakfast and lunch as you capture photos of the shimmering Yosemite Valley at different times of day. In the late afternoon, journey back to San Francisco and conclude your laid-back and luxurious overnight tour to Yosemite with a drop-off at your hotel.