- San Ignacio day trip to Actun Tunichil Muknal Cave
- Go spelunking with an expert guide in the cave, featured by National Geographic
- Swim along water passageways in the cavern and climb up a rock ledge
- Gaze in awe at rock columns, stalactites, stalagmites and other natural wonders
- Witness Mayan artifacts and ritual offerings unearthed by archeological excavations
- Complimentary lunch, bottled water and round-trip hotel transport included
What You Can Expect
Great tour that felt like a true adventure. You will have to wade through the river three times and then swim into the entrance of the cave. Depending on how the water is you may be in water that is as high as your neck. Go into this expecting to get wet from head to toe as well as having to squeeze through tight spaces in the cave.
Indiana Jones for a day. Physical workout but not overly demanding. Ruins are cool but visiting a sacrificial burial chamber with actual remains is one of the coolest things I've ever done. Our guide Edward was terrific, very knowledgable. Once in a lifetime activity worth every penny.
We enjoyed this tour. Our van was no frills broken handle, etc. but the guide was friendly and knowledgable. He customized the trip and made it more adventurous for us because the group was small 6 people and we were physically fit. It was amazing to be in the cave, knowing some of its history in the Mayan culture.