- 5-hour Cartago day trip by train from San Jose
- Travel by rail through the mountains past coffee plantations outside the capital
- Bicycle through the historical streets of Cartago with an informative local guide
- Discover Costa Rica’s colonial history and learn about daily life in town
- Sample local cuisine at Cartago’s Central Market
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
We really enjoyed this tour. The taxi driver dropped us in the wrong location, but the tour guide took the time to find us. Then, even though the internet said the train was running, but it was not. The tour guide again showed great initiative by securing a van very quickly. Then, my husband had some issues with his knees, and the guide was so kind to get him a ride to a good point where we could walk the rest of the way. Also, the markets and places we visited we just the type of experience we were looking for. I would highly recommend this tour because of the truly personal services that were provided, and the group size was small and intimate.
An enjoyable cycling tour around an interesting and pretty city just a train ride away from san jose. a well run tour with lots of information and set at an easy pace with many local sights explained so you get to see another side to life in costa rica. The major attraction is the beautifully decorated church wth an interesting story of its founding and an equally interesting local tradition associated with pilgrims seeking divine intervention for sickness or ailments. highly recommend this easy tour for those who enjoy cycling and want to see another aspect to life in costa rica.