Book by July 6, 2015 to save 20% off our previously offered price!
- 5-hour Cartago day trip by train from San Jose
- Travel by rail through the mountains past coffee plantations outside the capital
- Bicycle through the historical streets of Cartago with an informative local guide
- Discover Costa Rica’s colonial history and learn about daily life in town
- Sample local cuisine at Cartago’s Central Market
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
We found this half day trip very relaxing after three conseciative full day tours. The train trip was a nice experience to Cartago. The guide did a great job showing us points of interest on the trip to Cartago. Bikeing through the city gave us an appreciation of what the locals experience on their daily routine. We enjoyed the stops at the historical points of interest along the way.
Looking for a real local experience this is it.
This was a wonderful tour that starts early in the morning at Espania Park. After a short walk to the station we rode a train to Cartaga, where we walked through various locations in central Cartaga, including the market place. We then picked up bicycles, that were provided, and rode to other interesting locations around the city. After that we had a wonderful lunch at one of the Sodas in the Market. The tour ended with a comfortable ride back to San Jose on a public bus. I was fortunate to be the only one on the tour that day, but later found out that they prefer to keep the groups small. The guide, Myanna, was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic... a real people person. She made the tour both enjoyable, and educational. I highly recommend this tour.
$66.99 Save $14.00