- 5-hour Cartago day trip by train from San Jose
- Travel by rail through the mountains past coffee plantations outside the capital
- Bicycle through the historical streets of Cartago with an informative local guide
- Discover Costa Rica’s colonial history and learn about daily life in town
- Sample local cuisine at Cartago’s Central Market
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a personalized experience
What You Can Expect
An enjoyable cycling tour around an interesting and pretty city just a train ride away from san jose. a well run tour with lots of information and set at an easy pace with many local sights explained so you get to see another side to life in costa rica. The major attraction is the beautifully decorated church wth an interesting story of its founding and an equally interesting local tradition associated with pilgrims seeking divine intervention for sickness or ailments. highly recommend this easy tour for those who enjoy cycling and want to see another aspect to life in costa rica.
The tour guide Eric was phenomenal and very informative. We have learned so much that we may consider being future residents of Cartago. The combination of the train and bike tour was much fun! Awesome tour!