- Traditional Costa Rican dinner and dance performance, from San Jose
- Sample a variety of typical Costa Rican dishes from the buffet
- Enjoy the show as colorfully costumed dancers perform
- Take in stunning views over San Jose and the neighboring towns of Heredia and Alajuela
- Learn about Costa Rica's past from photographs and memorabilia that decorate the restaurant
- Watch the fireworks show that wraps up a magical evening in the hills outside of San Jose
What You Can Expect
Your coach arrives at a spacious restaurant with large windows that highlight panoramic views of the valley. Feel free to stroll around the attractive grounds, decorated inside and out with Costa Rican crafts and historical memorabilia. Browse displays by local artisans that might inspire you to buy that perfect souvenir to bring home.
A friendly staff member shows you to your table and explains the dishes available for the buffet dinner. Enjoy a large selection of meats, vegetables, rice, beans, salads, and desserts.
Some dishes that you might taste are olla de carne, a typical meat stew; chifrijo, a popular dish with layers of red beans, meat, rice and chopped tomato salsa; and chicharones típicos de la zona, a regional deep-fried pork dish. Your main course is served with sides such as empanaditas de queso (cheese turnovers), or picadillo de arracache, a chopped salad made with a tasty root vegetable from the Andes. Traditional desserts may include rice pudding, plantains with honey, or bananas served in a sweet sauce. The multitude of options is sure to please most palates!
Watch women twirl in long colorful dresses alongside sharply dressed men. The live music and dancing showcase parts of Costa Rican culture that have been passed down for generations. It's the perfect complement to your authentic meal.
A colorful fireworks display provides a spectacular finale to your evening. Afterward, your coach returns you to your San Jose hotel to end your tour.