- Full-day trip to Tortuga Island with local guide, from San Jose
- Look for dolphins, seabirds, and other marine life during the boat cruise through the Gulf of Nicoya
- Enjoy several hours at your leisure to soak up the island beauty
- Explore the hiking trails or swim in the calm sea surrounding Tortuga Island
- Snorkel, share a banana boat ride or hop into a kayak to paddle along the coast (each at additional expense)
- Savor a tasty buffet lunch served on the beach
- Includes round-trip transport from your central San Jose hotel
What You Can Expect
Pristine white sand beaches and calm turquoise water surround Tortuga Island, making it a perfect place to swim and snorkel. With approximately five hours to spend at your leisure on the island, it’s up to you whether you want to relax, be active, or both! Sunbathe on the beach or go for a dip in the sea. Explore hiking trails or play sports on the beach. You can also choose to snorkel, kayak or take a banana boat ride for a small additional charge.
While you are soaking up the tropical ambiance, your guide prepares a gourmet buffet lunch for you to snack on when you get hungry. Your lunch choices include salads, grilled fish or chicken accompanied by rice and sautéed vegetables, fresh fruits, wine, and Costa Rican coffee. A few musicians play fun beach music as you enjoy your meal.
After a day in paradise, head back to San Jose, retracing your steps by boat and coach. Your tour ends when you are returned to your hotel in the evening.
Great day tour priced right. Tour guide and boat crew were all you could ask for. On time-food and beverage wonderful. delivered as promised.
I love this place it was beautiful. The company that managed the tour was 35 minutes late picking me up and they did not accommodate vegetarian meals(breakfast and snack-spent the day without food- no place to purchase) so I had to stay with food all day. We had to pay for additional items if you wanted to enjoy this place- the Beach chair, walking tour, snorkeling all were additional expenses