- Chirripó River whitewater rafting trip from San Jose
- Learn to raft with an expert guide, no experience necessary
- Expect to get wet as you paddle through more than 20 Class III rapids!
- Soak up the gorgeous, lush forest scenery along sections of multi-hued water
- Snack on a colorful fruit platter midway through the rafting trip and enjoy a delicious traditional lunch before or after rafting
- Round-trip hotel transport from San Jose, just an hour's drive away!
What You Can Expect
After the fun and thrills of rafting the Chirripó River, dry off and — if you've selected a morning departure — enjoy the delicious eats as you share stories about your rafting adventures. While riding back to San Jose, take in the beautiful landscape around you as you pass through Braulio Carrillo National Park.
Our trip on the Chirripo River was cancelled because of dangerous conditions on the river. We however did not miss a whitewater activity.
. The tour company made arrangements to take us to another location which was safe and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We had a snack at a spot where we got out of the boat and could go swimming. We continued our trip. After a very nice lunch we headed back to our hotel.
Beto was a wonderful guide--both on and off the water. Wali was a skilled driver who kept us safe on mountain roads between San Jose and the River. Beto is a skilled and sympathetic teacher. He's got clear communication skills and is able to anticipate what novice paddlers will do on the water. He got us through some challenging stretches of river and we all had a great time while doing it! I would definitely book this trip again!
Wonderful trip, and nice river-man.