- 1-hour San Juan premium rum tasting
- Enjoy the elegant atmosphere of the Mezzanine at St Germain, a cocktail lounge in Old San Juan
- Sip four top-shelf Puerto Rican rums: Ron Del Barrilito, Bacardi 8, Trigo Reserva Añeja and Don Q Gran Añejo
- Learn about the distilling process, aging, tasting notes and more from your bartender guide
- Savor a light selection of tapas alongside the samples of rum
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people provides a more intimate experience
What You Can Expect
Jump right into your first premium rum, Ron Del Barrilito, which comes from one of the oldest rum-producing companies in Puerto Rico. As you sip the rum, listen to your bartender’s explanation of its origins, how long it ages, what flavors go into it and what distinguishes it from other premium rums.
Then do the same with your next three tastings, trying to determine what’s different about each. Sip on Bacardi 8 (mega-producer Bacardi’s once-private label, aged for at least eight years), Trigo Reserva Añeja (aged for at least 12 years) and Don Q Gran Añejo (an award-winning high-end rum from one of Puerto Rico’s largest rum companies).
Finish your tasting with small trio of tapas, a Mezzanine specialty.
This tour was amazing!
This rum tasting was awesome. The host was congenital, knowedgeable , and informitive. The rooms we were seated in were filled with historical pictures and the building spoke of past eras. It was the highlight of our San Juan.