- Half-day hiking tour from San Sebastián to the Way of St James (Camino de Santiago)
- Walk along the medieval Christian pilgrimage trails around Ulia Mountain
- Admire breathtaking coastal scenery that featured in The Way, a 2010 film featuring Martin Sheen
- Enjoy a boat ride around Pasaia San Pedro
- Relax in a terrace bar and enjoy a pintxo (Basque tapas) and txakoli, the local white wine
- Explore the atmospheric streets of Pasaia and learn about Victor Hugo, a French poet who loved the village
- Enjoy a Basque products picnic when stopping for a break at Ulia Mountain
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is an exciting way to experience a small part of the Way of St James pilgrimage route and to immerse yourself into the Basque culture. The hiking tour is challenging but your funny guide makes it entertaining! At the end, chat with fellow group members over delicious Basque food!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
What a wonderful tour !We enjoyed the hike , even though it was drizzling with rain.
- We were given the choice to walk or participate in an alternative tour. Our group chose to continue with the hike .The history sharing was very interesting, politics and the scenery and bird life amazing. Our guide Oihana was Basque with excellent knowledge ,great English and easy to understand.When Cold and tired after the hike we concluded the hike at Pasai Donibane with yummy Pintxos.
An extra bonus was the quaint boat ride from San Pedro to Donibane!
A great insight and introduction into Spain's history, culture and the St James way!
We had a wonderful half day with Maria. She was extremely knowledgeable, gave us lots of information on the history that was very interesting and gave us context. She was very personable, sensitive to our level of fatigue, careful where the path was rocky, and got us back to Town right on time. I loved the walk.
Lovely guide Maria was punctual, friendly, ready to answer any questions and enthusiastic. Very willing to give recommendations too. Short enough climb and good pace set for the walk. Gorgeous views of the ocean, cliffs and wildlife along the way. As we expected to cover a good distance because the tour was 5 hours long, we weren't surprised at the 7km ish trail set for us. Very much enjoyed!
This was the best thing we did in San Sebastian, a great trip with beautiful scenery and a very knowledgable guide.
Wow were we happy when Maria was our exclusive tour guide on this amazing hike. She was our guide on the Pintxos and Wine tour a few days earlier and we knew we were in good hands. Again she made us feel like locals and was very knowledgeable of the Way of St James. I highly recommend this tour
Tomas was a very good guide, a rather fit young man as well. The walk lasted around 3 hours, about 6km walk in total, with a refreshing drink and tapas at the end of it. The weather was perfect, if raining it could be a bit slippery. We got some good views along the coast. Surprisingly we were really still within the limits of the city and returned by public bus which took only 10-15 mins into the centre of the town.
Maria was a fantastic guide who gave a great running commentary during the walk. Thoroughly interesting learning a bit about the history of the Basques and the area.
We had a terrific tour with perfect weather and stunning scenery. Tomasz was an excellent guide, full of local knowledge and interesting stories! Will definitely look out for similar tours in other cities.
Tomasz was our guide and he was fantastic. We liked him so much, that we decided to take his Pinxtos tour that same evening. That was also fantastic. The hike was beautiful and Tomasz made it informative and fun. We highly recommend it. These two tours were highlights of our stay in San Sebastian.
Maria, the tour guide, was fabulous. I learned an incredible amount of information about the area, the Camino, and Basque culture. The views along the ocean were splendid and the towns at the end of the walk represented typical life and culture. Very worthwhile tour.