- Day trip from Santa Marta to Taryona National Natural Park and Playa Cristal
- Visit one of Colombia’s most popular national parks, set on the Caribbean Sea
- Look for wildlife like monkeys and deer
- Enjoy beautiful Crystal Beach, a white sand beach within the park
- Go snorkeling and keep your eyes open for turtles and dolphins!
- Pickup and drop-off from El Rodadero hotels
What You Can Expect
As you explore the park, keep your eyes and ears open for native wildlife, from howler monkeys to deer to bats. Or maybe you’ll see one of the 300+ bird species, such as condors and white eagles.
After exploring the park, jump on a van and head to Neguanje Beach where you will board a boat toward Crystal Beach. After a 20-minute ride, arrive to the beautiful beach which offers soft white sand and great snorkeling opportunities. Put on a snorkel and mask (own expense), and jump in the turquoise water to start searching for local marine life like dolphins, turtles and crustaceans. If you’re not lucky enough to spot one of these underwater favorites, you’ll still see some of the 200+ species of sponge that live among the coral reef. Take a break from snorkeling to enjoy lunch near the beach (own expense).
After snorkeling, relax for a bit on the beach before being returned to Santa Marta.
It was awesome..!!! It was very well organized. The instructor for the snorkeling at playa Cristal was very knowledgeable and help everyone to feel safe and enjoy the activity. The food was delicious. The beach is espectacular. I enjoyed. One of my favorite tours.