- 6-hour small-group tour of Akrotiri and three Santorini wineries with a professional guide
- Explore the excavations of Akrotiri, a Minoan city that lay buried for centuries after a volcanic eruption
- Hear of Akrotiri's links to Plato's Atlantis, an ancient city that was said to have disappeared after the Greek gods were angered
- Visit three traditional wineries and enjoy a platter of local delicacies alongside wine samples
- Try up to 12 varietals of Santorini wine including nykteri and assyrtiko
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
- Sample three fresh and unfiltered local beers at the famous Donkey Brewery (Monday-Saturdays only)
What You Can Expect
This was a great way to see much of the island without having to rent a car and deal with driving and traffic. Our guides were great and it was a nice mix of activities.
This was amazing! 14 different wines in 3 wineries. 4 beers at the brewery. Lots of fun!
Tour guide was exceptional in his knowledge of wines. Great tour! highly recommend. Akrotiri is NOT TO BE MISSED.
We had a wonderful time! The tour guide at ancient Akrotiri and the wine tour were fabulous! I recommend eating a good breakfast before going because they do not provide very much food.
Dennis was a wonderful guide. His wine knowledge was terrific. We've lived in northern California for 40 years and still learned things from him about wine appreciation. He set us up with Katie, a very passionate, knowledgeable guide at Akrotiri. We went to 3 wineries and a brewery. The snacks served with the wine made a delicious lunch. Santorini can be so crowded when cruise ships come in. Of the people on our small cruise ship, all agreed that our day sounded like the best Santorini experience ever.
This tour was fantastic! I have been on many wine tours and on many tastings over the years and this was by far the best in terms of what I learned in how to pair the wines with food that I am eating. I was also delighted with the olives, salami, cheeses and breads to eat with the wines that I tried.
The ancient Akrotiri was very interesting. My boyfriend and I do not like to drink first thing in the morning so it was a great start to the morning. We enjoyed learning about all the ancient settlers to Santorini and how their homes were covered by a volcanic erruption. I highly recommend to wine, food and history lovers!!
A fantastic tour! Our guide, Stamatis, was extremely knowledgeable and friendly during the wine tasting. We explored various varieties of wine from Santorini, including some sweet wine, and they are very unique and flavourful. We also visited the Santorini brewing company, which was a pleasant surprise. Highly recommended!
Tour was great! Picked us up on time in a clean van and offered us bottled water. Your had total of 4 pairs (8 total) and was perfect size. 3 wineries and 1 brewery. Lasted 9-5 approximately from door to door. Stopped at excavation site in beginning for maybe 45 minutes that was interesting.
Well informed guides both at Akrotiri and at the three wineries we visited. Very educational and a lot of fun.
The tour was amazing.