- Day trip to Santorini's Nea Kameni volcano including a boat ride and access to hot springs
- Ride by boat to the foot of Santorini volcano
- Enjoy a leisurely walk to the rim of the crater with a friendly local guide
- Walk around the crater, admiring both volcanic and coastal views
- Don your bathing suit and go for a soak in the volcano’s natural hot springs
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Your guide will talk to you about the eruptions of Nea Kameni – one of the Europe’s rare active volcanoes. The hot springs are similar to open-air thermal baths and are perfect to relax in after a hike to the top!
What You Can Expect
Step back onto dry land, and start your leisurely paced walk up to the summit while chatting with your guide about the volcano’s 3,000-year history. Santorini was actually formed from a volcanic caldera, meaning that it was created after an explosive volcanic eruption destroyed the island’s earliest settlements. As you walk, look out for pieces of magma and fumes smoking from the crater.
Hit the crater rim and make the most of some free time to soak up the sights. Views from the peak are incredible with the black volcanic cliffs cutting a dramatic contrast against the blue waves crashing below. After ogling the volcanic vistas, follow your guide to the volcano’s hot springs for a relaxing and reviving bath. The naturally formed pools were created from volcanic activity and are said to have medicinal powers against skin and bone disease.
At the end of your soak, meet back with you guide and walk down the volcano to your boat. Ride back around the island to Santorini’s main port, and then finish your day trip with a hotel drop-off.