- 4-hour Santorini wine tour including a meal at a beachfront restaurant
- Visit two traditional Santorini wineries with a knowledgeable private guide
- Walk through the vineyard of a volcanic winery and tour a 19th-century, family run wine cellar
- Sample up to eight different varietals of wine including vinsanto and assyrtiko
- Savor a bottle of wine and a 3-course meal of local Santorini delicacies at a restaurant on a black-sand beach
- Enjoy personalized attention from an attentive private guide
What You Can Expect
Producing some of the most distinctive wine in the Mediterranean, Santorini owes its success largely to aspa, a unique blend of volcanic soil that gives the wine its rich minerality and light flavor. Grapes are grown in baskets close to the ground rather than on trellises, allowing much-needed moisture from the island’s minimal rainfalls to be retained effectively.
Explore the cellar and vineyard at the volcanic winery to see grapes growing in the unforgiving island conditions, and then explore the cellars of the family-run winery to learn about winemaking through the ages. See the old cellar and grape-stomping room where the family still crush the grapes by foot, and then sample up to four different varietals such as assyrtiko, nykteri and the rich vinsanto.
After your cellar tour, leave the countryside and travel past the vineyards and mountains to a restaurant at one of Santorini’s black-sand beaches. Head inside and look out over the beach while enjoying a meal consisting of three courses of Santorini specialties alongside a bottle of house wine and bottled water. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
Having finished your meal, meet your guide outside the restaurant and end your experience with a hotel drop-off.
- Santorini salad (Greek salad prepared using locally grown ingredients such as cherry tomatoes)
- Pork cooked in a rich vinsanto wine sauce with seasonal vegetables and potatoes
- Local specialty of the day