- Private shore excursion around Santorini
- Sample three types of local wine (included)
- Wander around the picturesque villages of Oia and Fira
- See historical artifacts at the Naval Maritime Museum and the Museum of Prehistoric Thira
- Enjoy panoramic views on a cable car ride back to the port
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Then visit the Prehistoric Museum Thira (or Thera). The museum holds many objects from Crete and the Aegean islands. See artifacts from the excavation of Akrotiri, including a gold ibex, the only object made of a precious metal discovered at the archeological site.
Next, travel to Oia, a village built on the northern part of the caldera rim, with many dwellings nestled into the niches of the volcanic rock. Visit the Naval Maritime Museum, a 19th-century mansion converted into a museum. Follow your private guide as you explore the town's narrow, cobbled streets.
Finally, travel to Fira, another attractive town perched on the caldera rim. Fira is the island's capital and home to many interesting stories, as your guide will explain. From here, enjoy the last views of the island on the short cable car ride down to the Santorini port.
You may request that your private guide schedule free time during your tour so you can get a snack or lunch (own expense). Please do this as soon as you meet your guide, before the tour starts.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Santorini port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.