- 3-hour Santorini shore excursion
- Take a boat trip to the active volcano of Thira
- Learn how the archipelago of Santorini is what remains after an ancient volcanic explosion
- Walk around the crater with your guide and soak up the gorgeous scenery
- Enjoy a relaxing bath in natural hot springs
- Covered by Viator’s worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
Hear about its last eruption in 1950 and discover the little-known fact that the archipelago of Santorini is the remnant of a volcanic caldera, meaning it was formed after an enormous volcanic explosion destroyed the formerly single island’s earliest settlements. As you walk, your guide will point out pieces of magma and fumes emitting from the crater.
Enjoy free time to take amazing panoramic photos before heading to some hot springs for a relaxing, reviving bath. These natural pools were created from volcanic activity and are said to have medicinal powers against skin and bone diseases.
At the end of you tour, you’ll be taken back to the Santorini port.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Santorini port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.