Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- 5-hour small-group Santorini food and wine tour
- Visit two traditional Santorini wineries and learn about volcanic viticulture from a knowledgeable guide
- Sample up to eight different glasses of wine including nykteri and vinsanto
- Learn how to cook classic Greek delicacies and Santorini signature dishes
- Savor the creations at the end of the cooking class and try popular liquors such as ouzo
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight ensures personalized attention
What You Can Expect
After sampling some of the wine, continue to your second traditional Santorini winery to learn more about the various types of Santorini wine that is produced on the island. Hear about assytriko, a widely cultivated white-wine grape, as well as wines such as nykteri and vinsanto that are both made from assytriko but boast entirely different flavors. Try a few more glasses of wine, and then travel to a nearby traditional Greek restaurant for your cooking class.
Meet the chef – your cooking teacher – and then roll up your sleeves to help out with the preparation of several traditional Greek dishes. As you cook, listen to stories about the country’s gastronomy from your chef and learn about the typical dishes of Santorini. While the dishes cooked during your class will vary each time, you can expect to cook some Santorini staples such as tomato fritters alongside Greek classics, perhaps moussaka or a classic Greek salad.
Towards the end of your session, sit down with your chef and group to eat your creations! Water is served alongside the dishes, and you can also try a popular liquor – raki or ouzo – to finish your meal just like the locals.
Before bidding your chef a fond farewell, take a recipe card to recreate the dishes back at home. Then, return to your minibus and finish your Santorini food experience with a hotel drop-off.