- Evening Santorini cruise including wine tasting, volcano and hot springs visit plus a sunset dinner
- Visit Santo Winery and sample three different types of island wine such as vinsanto
- Enjoy free time to explore the landscape at Nea Kameni volcano (entry own expense)
- Soak in the therapeutic and relaxing hot springs at Nea Kameni (entry at your own expense)
- Cruise to the rocky shores of Thirasia and watch the sun set over the island of Santorini
- Savor two courses of Greek cuisine with a glass of wine while on board the boat
What You Can Expect
Step onto dry land and head inside Santo Winery, a site that boasts views as beautiful as its wine. Wander with your guide along the terraces, admiring the waves dancing around the shoreline, and sample three different varietals of wine that are made on the premises. Samples change each tasting, but typically a glass of red, white and vinsanto (syrupy-sweet dessert wine) are all served.
Cruise to the foot of Nea Kameni and enjoy roughly 1.5 hours of free time for a stroll around the volcanic landscape. After paying your entrance fee to the site, explore at your leisure. Have your camera ready to capture photos of the dark volcanic cliffs cutting a contrast against the blue waves of the Aegean Sea, and look out for pieces of magma as you walk around.
Meet back up with your guide at a prearranged time, and walk to the volcano’s hot springs (admission fee at your own expense) for a relaxing and reviving bath. The naturally formed pools were created from volcanic activity and are said to have medicinal powers against skin and bone disease.
Feeling refreshed and relaxed, return to your boat and finish your experience with the highlight of your evening: dinner as the sun goes down. Cruise over the sea to Thirasia, the large island adrift from Santorini’s northwestern coast. Forming part of the remains of ancient Thira, the island is sparsely populated and known for its stunning rocky coastline. Moor up next to the rocks and savor your dinner with a glass of wine and water.
After watching the sun set over the island of Santorini, cruise back to the start point and finish your evening experience with a hotel drop-off.
Main course (choice of one):
- Rolled chicken
- Rolled pork
- Greek salad
- Grilled potatoes
- Rise (Santorini bread)
- Tzatziki (yoghurt dip with cucumber, garlic and mint)
- Fresh fruit selection
The sailing was phenomenal on a perfect day. The crew was friendly, super helpful and fun. We even had a dance party at sunset and learned traditional Greek men and women dances! I couldn't recommend this trip more! Hiking at Nea Kameni was breathtaking!
Very beautiful tour. Missed the tour bus at the pick up point but Viator contact point in Athens was quick to remedy the problem. There is no wine tasting but there is free flow wine and buffet. Guided tour at volcano spot, Nea Kameni was excellent. Highly recommended.