- Santorini cruise including free time at Nea Kameni, hot springs and a visit to Thirasia
- Relax on deck as you cruise around the Aegean coastline to Nea Kameni, Santorini’s famous volcano
- Make the most of some free time to admire the volcanic landscape at Nea Kameni (entrance own expense)
- Enjoy a soak in the naturally heated waters of the volcano’s hot springs
- Explore the nearby island of Thirasia at your leisure and admire the Cycladic houses
- Upgrade to extend the tour with a visit to pretty Oia village to see the sunset
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Step onto dry land, pay your entrance fee to enter the parkland at the volcano, and enjoy roughly 1.5 hours of free time for a stroll around the lunar-like landscape. Have your camera ready to capture photos of the dark volcanic cliffs cutting a contrast against the blue waves of the Aegean Sea, and look out for pieces of magma and other volcanic rock formations as you walk around.
Meet back up with your guide, and continue your tour with a walk to the volcano’s hot springs for a relaxing and reviving bath. The naturally formed pools were created from volcanic activity and are said to have medicinal powers against skin and bone disease.
Feeling relaxed, return to your boat and cruise across the water to Thirasia, a large island just adjacent to Santorini’s northwestern coast. Forming part of the remains of ancient Thira, Thirasia is sparsely populated and most of the islanders reside in its main village. Enjoy two hours of free time here to explore and walk around the village’s pretty streets, lined with white Cycladic houses and colorful flowers. Or perhaps use your free time to find a cafe for lunch (own expense); ask your guide for tips.
Return to your boat in the early evening, and cruise back to the Athinios port where your minibus awaits, ready to drop you back at your hotel. Alternatively, upgrade to include a trip to Oia to see an unforgettable island sunset. Simply hop off the boat at the Oia stop on the way to Athinios port and walk to Oia’s old port. The village is said to be the best place on the island to see the sunset, and the views of the sea and the famous Santorini caldera under the glow of a red sunset are legendary. After the sun goes down, finish the day with a hotel drop-off.