Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group wine tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 4-hour Santorini wine tour, led by a knowledgeable wine-expert guide
- Visit three traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island
- Walk around a volcanic vineyard and learn about the unique viticulture of Santorini
- Explore the cellars of each winery and see where their wine is bottled and matured
- Sample up to 12 different wines including nykteri and vinsanto alongside a platter of local delicacies
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Producing some of the most distinctive wine in the Mediterranean, Santorini owes its success largely to aspa, a unique blend of volcanic soil that gives the wine its rich minerality and light flavor. Grapes are grown in baskets close to the ground rather than on trellises, allowing much-needed moisture from the island’s minimal rainfalls to be retained effectively.
At each of the wineries, enjoy a cellar tour with your guide to see how the winemaking process unfolds, from harvesting the grapes to bottling and maturing the wine. Take a walk around one of the volcanic vineyards to see the grapes growing in the unforgiving island conditions and, of course, sample glasses of Santorini wine galore – up to 12 glasses in total!
Try popular varietals such as assyrtiko, nykteri and the rich vinsanto, and enjoy a platter of local delicacies including cheese, salami, bread and olives to complement and balance out the flavors of the wine.
After four hours exploring three of the most interesting wineries in Santorini, your guide will drop you off at your hotel where your wine tour finishes.
This was a great tour. Our driver/guide/sommelier Stamatis took our group of 10 to 3 Santorini wineries, providing us with a detailed explanation of the island's history and its peculiar viticulture. We sampled twelve different wines along the way. As an added bonus, he took us to a local nano - brewery where we sampled their three kinds of beer. The tour was advertised to last four hours but actually took six, an indication of Stamatis' professionalism and love for his craft. Would highly recommend this tour.
Very enjoyable tour, Michael our guide was very knowledgeable and was a lot of fun. Being with a small group made it all the more enjoyable