Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group wine tour, ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- 4-hour Santorini wine tour, led by a knowledgeable wine-expert guide
- Visit three traditional wineries dotted around the picturesque island
- Walk around a volcanic vineyard and learn about the unique viticulture of Santorini
- Explore the cellars of each winery and see where their wine is bottled and matured
- Sample up to 12 different wines including nykteri and vinsanto alongside a platter of local delicacies
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Producing some of the most distinctive wine in the Mediterranean, Santorini owes its success largely to aspa, a unique blend of volcanic soil that gives the wine its rich minerality and light flavor. Grapes are grown in baskets close to the ground rather than on trellises, allowing much-needed moisture from the island’s minimal rainfalls to be retained effectively.
At each of the wineries, enjoy a cellar tour with your guide to see how the winemaking process unfolds, from harvesting the grapes to bottling and maturing the wine. Take a walk around one of the volcanic vineyards to see the grapes growing in the unforgiving island conditions and, of course, sample glasses of Santorini wine galore – up to 12 glasses in total!
Try popular varietals such as assyrtiko, nykteri and the rich vinsanto, and enjoy a platter of local delicacies including cheese, salami, bread and olives to complement and balance out the flavors of the wine.
After four hours exploring three of the most interesting wineries in Santorini, your guide will drop you off at your hotel where your wine tour finishes.
Wonderful! Tour guide was knowledgable and funny. Wine was excellent. Good small group. Very interesting to see how santorini wine making differs from that of other countries. Only wish we had been given dinner since it was kind of too late to go anywhere when we got back but there were enough snacks and a nice dessert that kept us from getting too tipsy. Lots of wine for the money. Ha.
It was really great!! Loved our guide, so personable and very knowledgable!! Learned a lot more about wines then I expected. 5 star rating from us!! Thanks