- Get a taste of Brazil on this private culinary tour
- Visit the Municipal Market of São Paulo and a typical feira, or street market, with your dedicated guide
- See the colorful, fragrant produce of Brazil laid out before you as you stroll through the market stalls
- Learn about traditional Brazilian dishes and their secret ingredients
- Stop by the Gourmet Lounge to taste some samples of Brazilian specialities
What You Can Expect
The Mercadão, built in an eclectic industrial architectural style, features gorgeous stained-glass windows by Sorgenicht Conrad Filho, famous for his works in more than 300 Brazilian cathedrals. Follow your guide past stalls filled with a wide variety of foods – from fresh produce to meat, poultry, seafood, sweets and spices of all kinds.
Along the way, take in the sights, smells and tastes of foods like the diverse fruits produced in different regions such as the Amazon and northeastern Brazil. Head to the market’s Gourmet Lounge for an opportunity to sample tasty dishes, including lanche de mortadela (bologna sandwich), and discover the ingredients used in the preparation of feijoada -- Brazil´s most famous dish of stewed beans and meat.
Afterward, your guide will take you to a feira or street market, a popular pastime for Brazilians. These typical old markets that exist throughout the city offer fresh, quality fish, seafood and tropical fruit at great prices. Before heading back to your hotel by private vehicle, stroll the market and enjoy the lively atmosphere as you watch vendors shout to attract their customers!
I not only got some amazing tastings, but I was driven through an area near my hotel. The neighborhood was full of shops, cafes, and restaurants, which were easily accessible to my hotel. This certainly personalized my tour, and was meant to make the rest of my stay in Sao Paulo enjoyable.