- 1.5-hour Civil War walking tour of Savannah
- Explore the Savannah Historic District, one of the largest National Historic Landmark Districts in the US
- Pass the houses of the South's most prominent generals
- Learn about the Confederate states' role in the Civil War
- Hear stories about Savannah's military strategies and civilian hardships
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Though credit goes to the attack on Fort Sumter in North Carolina, the Civil War actually started in Savannah three months prior. Discover more little-known facts like this as you dive into the history of one of the country's most significant landmarks.
What You Can Expect
Very knowledgeable and personal tour guide. Enjoyed the experience and learned many facts about Savannah history.
We were disappointed when our Civil War Walking Tour was combined with the Historic Walking Tour because they were short a guide. The tour and information was redundant because we had taken the Historic Walking Tour the day before.
Thankfully, the wonderful tour guide Mike we had on the Historic Walking tour told us if we weren't happy with the combined tour he would meet us later and give us a personal Civil War Walking Tour.
He was most gracious in offering to do this for us. Especially, after he had just finished a very long Garden Tour. Mike went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us, his tour was fantastic.
Accolades to Mike for making this situation right!!
I would strongly suggest in the future that different tours not be combined; we spent 90 minutes taking the same tour twice when we could have spent our time more wisely.