- 3-hour black history tour of Savannah by air-conditioned bus
- Watch a DVD slideshow about the history of Savannah’s black community while riding around town
- Learn about the origin of the term 'African-American' and the 'weeping time'
- Visit the First African Baptist Church where the first all-black Baptist congregation is said to have prayed
- Explore Beach Institute Museum at leisure and see an array of African-American cultural artifacts
- Try a Caribbean conch salad and mango tea in Ye Old Herb Shoppe, a specialty Caribbean food shop
What You Can Expect
The tour guide Ralph Bass was awesome !! Everyone should take the tour it was well paced and unique.
This was not what we expected because we only tour one black museum and only passed the places we thought we would get an inside tour and I don't think the Carribean herb shop was related to the Black historical events for Savannah. We paid for a three hour tour, but only got two hours.
IT was not worth the money that we paid. We would never do that again.