- 3-hour 15 mile loop Savannah food tour by air-conditioned bus
- Learn about Georgia's culinary history from a food-expert local guide
- Try classic southern specialties including fried green tomatoes and southern BBQ meat
- Sample traditional soul food dishes while exploring six eateries around Savannah Historic District
- Visit The Lady and Son's Restaurant, run by ex-Food Network presenter, Paula Deen
What You Can Expect
Soul food features heavily on many a Savannah menu, harking back to the days when the south’s African-American slaves used humble, rustic ingredients to cook up wholesome and tasty treats. With frying as the favored cooking method plus a ready abundance of local ingredients, the region’s cuisine found its character and the term ‘soul food’ was born.
While hearing about the city’s food history, enjoy several food stops to sample the dishes for yourself. Venues change on each tour, but samples that you may try include stellar staples such as fried green tomatoes, Georgian peach tea, southern BBQ meat, soul food dishes and, of course, desserts! Travel between most of the 6 stops by bus, and occasionally stretch your legs to walk around the Historic District.
Additionally, all tours always include a stop at the legendary The Lady and Son’s Restaurant, run by ex-Food Network presenter, Paula Deen. Serving up the tastiest of home-style comfort food, the restaurant regularly has wait lines for tables that spill onto the streets. Head inside to learn about the food, and sample a taster of one of the popular dishes.
After three hours exploring Savannah Historic District, return back to the start point where your food tour finishes.