This small-group tour is limited to 16 people for a more interactive and intimate experience.
- Food walking tour of the Savannah Historic District
- Learn about Savannah's history and culture and visit restaurants featured on the Food Network and Travel Channel
- Enjoy tastings at 6 or 7 Savannah restaurants
- Food samples may include southern pork BBQ and local honey
- Visit The Lady and Sons, a famous local restaurant owned by Paula Deen
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people for more personalized attention from your guide
What You Can Expect
Along the way, visit 6 or 7 restaurants and gourmet shops, some of which have been featured on the Food Network and Travel Channel. Chat with the owners and sample local favorites that may include southern pork BBQ with dipping sauces, fresh breads, Georgia peach tea, local honey and handmade chocolates. Your tour will definitely include a dish at local institution The Lady and Sons, owned by Savannah resident Paula Deen.
All tastings are included and add up to a full meal. Working off the calories is no sweat since your tour will cover a total of 1.5 miles. Your 2.5-hour tour concludes back at Wright Square Cafe, making it easy to continue exploring the gourmet delights of the Savannah Historic District on your own.
This was a great tour. The guide was very personable and knowledgeable. Not only did we get to taste some great food at places we would never have found on our own, but learned a lot and had a great time. I highly recommend it.
Our tour guide (Ralph, I believe) was great! Very informative, honest and friendly!