This small-group tour is limited to 16 people for a more relaxed, intimate experience.
- Food walking tour of Savannah Historic District's east side
- Learn about Savannah's history, architecture and culture from your local guide
- Stop in to at least 6 famous restaurants and insider hangouts during your 3-hour tour
- Visit Savannah's oldest restaurant, The Pirates' House
- Sample foods such as salmon crudites, en papillote chicken sandwiches and pralines
- Tastings add up to a full lunch and are all included in your tour price
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures more personalized attention from your guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you're looking for lowcountry favorites and places only Savannah patrons would know about, this tour is for you! Your insider guide will help you discover restaurants you'll keep coming back to for the rest of your stay in the city!
What You Can Expect
Your first stop will be The Pirates' House, which was built in 1753 and is Savannah's oldest restaurant. From there, make your way to other famous restaurants and some out-of-the-way finds, which may include 17Hundred90 Inn & Restaurant, Wall's BBQ, Zunzi's Takeout and Fire Street Food.
Chat with the proprietors and enjoy tastings of both local and international favorites such as pecan-glazed fried chicken, salmon cruidites, pit-smoked chopped pork sandwiches, curried shrimp skewers, en papillote chicken sandwiches and pralines. Some tasting locations also provide beverages, and you can bring other non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages (own expense) along on your tour.
You'll likely find that the various samples from your tour add up to a satisfying lunch. You will walk 1.5 miles (2.4 km) in Savannah's famous historic district during your 3-hour tour, with two rest breaks totaling 45 minutes. Your culinary exploration of Savannah's most famous restaurants and best-kept secrets ends on River Street. Continue seeking out the city's many eclectic flavors there or use the map provided to you to revisit restaurants from your tour on your own.
We thoroughly enjoyed the taste tour. It was a highlight of our trip to Savannah. I have a friend who is going to Savannah in August, and I have highly recommended that she sign up for this tour...
Was wonderfully informing and great food. We all had a good time.