- Mt Rainier day trip from Seattle
- Take a naturalist-led hike or snowshoe trek in Mt Rainier National Park
- Spot birds, elk, marmots and other wildlife as you explore wilderness trails
- Enjoy French-pressed Seattle coffee with pastries and snacks
- Feast on a picnic-style lunch of organic fare with wine and Pellegrino
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included (downtown Seattle hotels only)
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people provides a more personalized experience
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This small-group tour offers ample opportunities for adventure, exploration and learning as you discover an ancient forest ecosystem surrounding the icy volcano of Mt Rainier.
What You Can Expect
After the 2-hour drive back to Seattle, your tour ends with downtown Seattle hotel drop-off.
- Meat, such as grilled salmon or chicken, a sandwich or a wrap (vegetarian option available)
- Grain salad, such as quinoa with roasted vegetables
- Green salad
- Local wine, Pellegrino mineral water and soda
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!! From the pickup arrangements at the hotel to the drop-off on return, Justin, our guide, made the day one of the best I have ever had. The first hike, on an UNCROWDED trail through a sub-alpine meadow filled with the most beautiful wildflowers you have ever seen was spectacular. We had a group of only 6 so we could stop if we wanted to take pictures or stick our feet in the cool water of the alpine lake we passed along the way, or press on towards the summit of the small peak we were on where the views of the summit of Mt. Rainier were amazing. It was a warm day, so not much wildlife were stirring, but the views and the flowers made up for it. We then had a delicious, gourmet, HEALTHY lunch by the White River, and then a short afternoon hike along another trail higher up with even more amazing views on the mountain, followed by a short walk through an uncut, old growth, forest at the base before our relaxing ride back to Seattle. Justin was so knowledgeable and friendly, it was like having your best friend showing your around his favorite place. Go if you want to experience NATURE at Mt. Rainier instead of crowds.
Although the weather did not permit us to see the full grandeur of Mt. Rainier, my family enjoyed every minute of the trip. Our guide, Danny, was exceptional. Our children, ages 7 and 9, fondly remember the hiking and "making a mini snowman", the best part of the trip!
$246.60 Save $73.98