- Private day trip from Seattle to Olympic National Park
- Learn about the World Heritage–listed coastal park from a private naturalist guide
- Admire Lake Crescent, and visit the Hurricane Ridge viewpoint
- Take nature walks to spot wildlife and waterfalls
- Feast on a gourmet picnic lunch of organic food paired with Washington wine
- Enjoy a comfortable drive in a private luxury vehicle
- Light breakfast, snacks, snowshoes and hotel transport included
What You Can Expect
During the drive to and inside the park, you’ll make plenty of stops to take photos, spot waterfalls and explore the area on short nature walks with your private naturalist guide. Home to the dramatic Olympic Mountains, remote beaches and a lush temperate rainforest, Olympic National Park is not just a national park — it’s also an International Biosphere Reserve and a UNESCO World Heritage site. In other words, it’s a spectacular natural wonder that overwhelms visitors with its beauty, so it’s a good thing you have your own expert guide to show you the highlights and tell you all about the geological features, native vegetation and local wildlife.
Head down the Marymere Falls Trail, lined with old-growth Douglas fir trees until its end point at a waterfall. See majestic Lake Crescent and admire its sparkling glacial waters. Enjoy the ride up to Hurricane Ridge for panoramic views of jagged mountain peaks, the Strait of San Juan de Fuca and the San Juan Islands.
If you’re traveling during the typically snowy months of mid-October through mid-March, strap on provided snowshoes for a guided nature trek. And throughout your tour, keep your eyes open for wildlife like marmots, black-tailed deer and even black bears, depending on the season.
Lunch is included on your day trip and features a picnic of organic and locally sourced food and wine. Snacks and drinks are also available during the day to keep you energized and hydrated. (If it's too cold in winter, you may eat inside the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center.)
Your tour ends with the drive back to Seattle for hotel drop-off.
Sample picnic lunch menu:
- Meat dish such as grilled salmon or chicken, or a sandwich or wrap (vegetarian option is available)
- Grain salad such as quinoa with roasted vegetables
- Green salad
- Local wine, San Pellegrino water and soda