- Private day trip from Seattle to Olympic National Park
- Learn about the World Heritage–listed coastal park from a private naturalist guide
- Admire Lake Crescent, and visit the Hurricane Ridge viewpoint
- Take nature walks to spot wildlife and waterfalls
- Feast on a gourmet picnic lunch of organic food paired with Washington wine
- Enjoy a comfortable drive in a private luxury vehicle
- Light breakfast, snacks, snowshoes and hotel transport included
What You Can Expect
As you near the park, your naturalist guide makes plenty of photo stops where you can disembark for short nature walks amid a wondrous landscape of waterfalls, temperate rainforest and remote beaches. Enjoy dramatic views of the Olympic Mountains and other highlights as you learn about the region’s geological features, native vegetation and wildlife.
Keep a lookout for marmots, black-tailed deer and black bears, depending on the season. If you’re traveling during the typically snowy months of mid-October through mid-March, strap on provided snowshoes for a guided trek.
You’ll find old-growth Douglas fir trees alongside the Marymere Falls Trail and the see the shimmering glacial waters of Lake Crescent. Enjoy the drive up to Hurricane Ridge for panoramic views of jagged mountain peaks, the Strait of San Juan de Fuca and the San Juan Islands.
Snacks and drinks are available during the day to keep you energized and hydrated. An organic picnic lunch is also included and features locally sourced food and wine. (If it's too cold in winter, you may eat inside the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center.)
Your tour ends with the drive back to your downtown Seattle hotel for drop-off.
Sample picnic lunch menu:
- Meat dish such as grilled salmon or chicken, or a sandwich or wrap (vegetarian option is available)
- Grain salad such as quinoa with roasted vegetables
- Green salad
- Local wine, San Pellegrino water and soda