- Full-day tour to Mount St Helens Volcano National Monument from Seattle
- Visit the observatory and go on a guided walk on the Eruption Trail
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch, morning tea with pastries and light snacks
- Small-group tour in a luxury Mercedes van ensures a personalized experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Arrive at the blast zone, located 5 miles (8 km) from the crater at the Johnston Ridge Observatory, and take in magnificent views of the steaming volcano. Your guide will share the magic of the geological events surrounding the 1980 eruption through a variety of stories and facts. The observatory's state-of-the-art interpretive exhibits portray how the landscape transformed, and how the eruption opened up a new scientific era of monitoring active volcanos and forecasting eruptions. Take a short walk on the Eruption Trail with your expert guide and admire views of the lava dome, crater, pumice plain and landslide deposit.
In the afternoon, enjoy a gourmet picnic consisting of fresh local food and wine. Snacks and drinks will also be provided throughout the tour. See the Itinerary section below for a sample menu.
- Organic and locally sourced
- Includes a meat (such as grilled salmon or chicken), a grain salad (such as quinoa with roasted vegetables) and a green salad. Sometimes sandwiches or wraps as served in lieu of the meat dish. Vegetarian option available.
- Local wine, Pellegrino water and sodas are included.
Awesome trip! Our tourguide was fantastic, answered all our questions, explained us a lot about the surrounding nature and choose a lovely lunch spot. The picnic was yummy with mostly local products.
Mount St Helens is really impressing and absolutely worth the daytrip!
Sorry this is over 1 month late but I went through Evergreen Escapes for this tour and was blown away by both the friendly tour guides and their knowlege of the area and history. The small groups are the best!!!!!