- Full-day tour to Mount St Helens Volcano National Monument from Seattle
- Visit the observatory and go on a guided walk on the Eruption Trail
- Enjoy a gourmet lunch, morning tea with pastries and light snacks
- Small-group tour in a luxury Mercedes van ensures a personalized experience
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
What You Can Expect
Arrive at the blast zone, located 5 miles (8 km) from the crater at the Johnston Ridge Observatory, and take in magnificent views of the steaming volcano. Your guide will share the magic of the geological events surrounding the 1980 eruption through a variety of stories and facts. The observatory's state-of-the-art interpretive exhibits portray how the landscape transformed, and how the eruption opened up a new scientific era of monitoring active volcanos and forecasting eruptions. Take a short walk on the Eruption Trail with your expert guide and admire views of the lava dome, crater, pumice plain and landslide deposit.
In the afternoon, enjoy a gourmet picnic consisting of fresh local food and wine. Snacks and drinks will also be provided throughout the tour. See the Itinerary section below for a sample menu.
- Organic and locally sourced
- Includes a meat (such as grilled salmon or chicken), a grain salad (such as quinoa with roasted vegetables) and a green salad. Sometimes sandwiches or wraps as served in lieu of the meat dish. Vegetarian option available.
- Local wine, Pellegrino water and sodas are included.
Trip to Mt St Helen's was very memorable and a wonderful experience.
We certainly got our money's worth and I would highly recommend the trip to anyone.
Angie, our tour director was just great, a wealth of information and contributed to a great day.
Lunch was very enjoyable and Angie set it up beautifully.
We were fortunate to have good weather which enabled us to see the effects of the eruption in 1980 + how the area has recovered since e.g. flora and fauna......saw the little migrating frogs and saw and heard several birds. Again, Angie was very informative with her knowledge.
All in all we enjoyed a wonderful day, which will remain in our memories for a long time.
Bouquets to Angie, who gave us a great day and a comfortable trip with her excellent driving.
Ian and Mary Sept 2013
This was an exceptional tour; our guide, Marty, was very knowledgeable and polite to everyone in the group. He allowed us plenty of time at each stop. The morning tea and the lunch were tasty and healthful. I would recommend this tour to anyone!