- Full-day, small-group tour of Olympic National Park
- Take several guided interpretive nature walks with a naturalist guide
- During the winter months, trek through the beautiful forests with snowshoes
- Small-group tour in a luxury Mercedes van ensures a personalized experience
- Gourmet lunch, morning tea with pastries and light snacks are included!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
Your tour begins with hotel pickup and a delicious light breakfast including pastries and hot beverages. The drive to Olympic National Park will have plenty of photo stops and you will see a waterfall or two, as well as stop to take a few short interpretive nature walks. Your naturalist guide will lead you out onto the sand spit to an old lighthouse, spotting for birds along the way. In spring and fall, thousands of waterfowl and shorebirds descend on the shallow waters protected by the spit.
Next, you will climb up to Hurricane Ridge, a mountain citadel that puts you at the edge of the park's exceptionally jagged peaks. Olympic marmots and black-tailed deer often show up, and black bears are fairly common. From the meadows at the summit, take in a superb 360-degree view that embraces the surrounding mountains, the strait and the San Juan Islands. During the winter when snow is on the ground, typically mid-October through mid-March, you will strap on snowshoes for this guided nature trek.
At midday, dine on a gourmet picnic of fresh local ingredients and local wines. Select snacks and drinks will be provided throughout the tour. For menu information, please refer to the Itinerary section.
- Organic and locally-sourced
- Includes a meat (such as grilled salmon or chicken), a grain salad (such as quinoa with roasted vegetables) and a green salad. Sometimes sandwiches or wraps as served in lieu of the meat dish. Vegetarian option available.
- Local wine, Pellegrino water and sodas are included.
Reviewed by Chee Beng T, April 2013
Amazing Views of Olympics !!! So much to see and do... Specially having with a excellent and friendly guide, Darren, (from Evergreen Escapes) makes the day...
Reviewed by her2row, October 2012
Awesome Tour!!!! Great Guides!!!! Perfect Weather!!!! Great trip!!!! Would love to have spent more time there :)